Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming.  (Read 9138 times)

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
any dream involving a shotgun is a good dream
Tis but a scratch...

Goldyrulz

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • WARNING *May Contain Sarcasm*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »
unless the shotgun kills you...

(\__/)
(='.'=)   This is Bunneh. Copy and paste bunneh into your
(")_(")  signature to help him gain world domination

The Original Bunneh

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »
OK you are about to hear one of the weirdest stories ever...

My dream starts in medias res...
So... I was sitting on a park bench in England with my relatives... And I was talking to some guy I've never met in my life... I've said to my relatives that we should really visit Jubal and see how he's doing. But they've said that we're already short on time and that we should start packing right now... And the next moment we were already in Croatia sitting around the table... Everyone was talking, but I was so bored and I fell asleep... They woke me up and sent me to get something (I can't remember what)... One small street (which actually exists in my town) seemed to be the fastest route (there is an abandoned old house in that street and it's courtyard is full of trees almost like a forest)... But I was wrong... One part of the street was cluttered up with garbage... And in one transparent plastic bag I saw an arm... I turned around and saw a brain lying on the floor... I was thinking about calling the cops but then I've said to myself "No... That kind of stuff happens regularly in my dreams... I don't need any cops."... I walked away a few meters. Two of my friends were walking towards me...  I started explaining them what kind of s**t happens in my dreams... They followed me because they didn't believe me... And then all of sudden 3 zombies ran out from a small forest (I've mentioned it earlier, remember?) ... They killed one of my friends instantly... So we continued struggling with them and I've managed to break the jaws of one zombie... My other friend died too and I've managed to kill one more zombie, but while I was killing him the third one bit me...............................................................
And then I've woke up and I realized that it was just a dream... I was still siting around the table with my relatives... And I started taking to my relative (who was sitting next to me). I've found out that he also fell asleep because he was bored... And strangely enough we were both dreaming the same dream... And them I started explaining to him how stupid it is to have dream in your dream...
And that's when I woke up for the first time...
My second dream starts in some kind of swamp... The swamp was full of reed (?)... I had a lawnmower and I've had to clear a path thru it... When I was done I went to the seaside... I took a kayak and ran into the water with it (I don't know how I managed to do that)...
My kayak was filling with water ... I was trying to reach the shore but there was too much water inside so my kayak flipped upside down ... And then I've realized that I have a mobile phone in my pocket...
 And that's where it ends...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »
Wierrrrd. You'll have to come visit me in your sleep sometime, hehe.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

lordryan756

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »
Me and my dad were talking about Lucid dreaming a few days ago, apparently he had some too. He said he always had the same one, where he went to this huge garage thingy. He then opened it and he said it was a sort of portal, and when he stepped inside it, he woke up... lol

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Wierrrrd.
I know... My dreams are utterly messed up...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
I have several dreams to post, about 30 actually, but I wont do all of them haha :p

Update on how its going, about 4 nights a week now I Lucid dream, maybe more but I don't remember them, and it really is amazing :D Shame you have to sleep for 6 1/2 hours to do it...

The reality check (Check out the Wiki book I posted) with the 5 fingers and hand works a treat ^^
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:19 PM »
I've managed it... I don't know how but I did... I didn't get much sleep these last few weeks, but I've managed to get a few hours of sleep today... And while I was in my dream everything was completely realistic, I was aware of everything, and damn I even knew when I'm going to wake up ... And one more thing is important... All those people surrounding me were complete strangers to me, but I knew some of them very well... For example I even had a girlfriend in my dream. I felt like a knew her for ages ... I've tried to remember her name by writing it on a paper (to memorize it easier) and when I've woke up I wrote it on a piece of paper next to my bed... Or at least that's what I've thought ... Because I was still in the middle of my dream... Damn I've lost her name ... Damn.......

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »
Had a strange dream last night, which involved being in a world where we had died. This cheerful colonel figure would lead us to various forms of transport, for example a boy racer gets into a Ferrari, and drives off, but the car seals itself, the doors just becoming part of the body, and him not being able to get out.

I end up going into a train which does the same thing, kind of creepy. Before that I decided to jump off the platform behind the train and after I jumped realised it was a 100ft drop, and the train and platform were pretty big, I woke up before hitting the ground. All through this dream I knew the people trapped in these vehicles were going to hell. Very strange.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lucid Dreaming.
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
Ok ,this one is old and I think I've mentioned it before, but this time it's the full story.

I once had a lucid dream which quickly turned into a nightmare.
All of a sudden I was on the first floor of an emptier, shoddy version of my house with a slightly different arrangement.
The colors were sort of muted, leaning towards grayscale or possibly even sepia. The shadows were highly exaggerated.

Strange, but silent wind-like noises.
Whole room was cloaked in deep, fog-like darkness, except the couch and the stairs leading to the second floor.
There was an unknown, silent figure sitting on the couch.
As I slowly passed by this figure I noticed that he was staring at the floor, completely immovable and almost unaware of the surroundings.

The stairs leading up are surrounded by three walls and make a roughly u-shaped turn.
There's an iron fence on the upper part of stairs.
White walls.

First step.
The shadows got even more darker, almost making pools of pitch black gathering on the floor. I couldn't barely see my legs in this dark shrouds.
First floor disappeared in the darkness just behind my back.

Utter silence.

As I was climbing up the stairs I felt a strange sensation. Something wasn't right, but I just couldn't stop climbing.
I just had an irresistible urge to climb up, and get a glimpse of my room, where I was sleeping.
Towards the middle of the stars the walls all of a sudden started to look aged, cracked and damaged.

Just a few more steps, a turn to the left and I would be in my room.
Those doors were the only visible thing in that narrow hallway connected to the stairs.

I took one more step and felt light trembling, almost like a minor earthquake.
Squeaking noise, a mix of a rusty hinge and old wood beneath my feet.
The holes on the left side of the wall started to bleed heavily, much like the veins bleed, almost like a viscous liquid pouring out of a cup.

Second step.
Two more steps left.
A piece of the wall started to move, making amorphous, curved shapes.
I was compelled to stare at it.

A face with a tortured grimace tried to brake out of the wall.
I moved into it and roared as hard as I could in attempt to scare it off.

*this part happens almost in glimpse of an eye*
In a second, a pair of hands and a head (with an indescribable anguished scream) bursted from the wall, gripping my neck.
I was thrown down the stairs with an unbelievable force.
Bounced of the wall first and the went flying towards the bottom of the stairs on my back, with head pointed towards the ceiling.
I hit the floor at the bottom of the stairs, felt the loud crack of my neck and everything went black.
A few final twitches and blood pooling in my nostrils.
I could still hear the screaming.

I woke up on the floor, facing the ceiling.
I could still hear the scream for a good two seconds after I woke up.

Not a single portugal was given while watching a horror movie after this experience.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:46:46 AM by Silver Wolf »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 01:19:04 AM »
My dreams are starting to look a lot like Inception lately.

I wake up up to 13 times in a row, in my room, do the usual morning routine, only to find out that I'm still dreaming after some time.
Each "wake up" evolves into a different short story after a certain amount of time. Either something completely trivial, romance, horror, and so on.
All of those stories are quite possible and realistic. It's sometimes really hard to determine whether I'm dreaming or not. The sounds, olfactory senses, the feeling of touch and temperature, pain, pleasure, taste, they're all there.
And there's always something different about the room. Usually it's something barely noticeable.

Just googled it. According to Wikipedia, it's called "false awakening", type 2.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:20:44 AM by Silver Wolf »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 01:28:55 AM »
I get false awakenings quite frequently. Not much fun.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 01:31:08 AM »
Ever experienced sleep paralysis?
According to wiki, type 2 is often followed by it.

I didn't.

comrade_general

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58:32 AM »
Ever experienced sleep paralysis?
Several times.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »
I don't remember the start of this dream but I was walking down the street in summertime and I saw a girl I know, got to chatting and she invited me to a party happening right next to us. I then realised it was summer and I should be wearing shorts so I looked down, and then bam! Not wearing anything at all. I thought it was a bit weird but I couldn't be bothered to go home and change and no one had mentioned it so far so I just went to the party. Can't remember much else, apart from someone asking if I knew I was naked and I was all like yep and then I woke up. I wish I could remember more of my dreams.