Author Topic: World War 2  (Read 29271 times)

Venitius

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:02 PM »
I'd just like to mention that the Big Red One Trooper doesn't have the Big Red One patch, the map is pretty screwed up with quite a few errors in it, and one of your Germans has the flag of the German Empire as an armband.

I personally think the Axis should be separate, or at least not named the German Alliance. Spain, I believe, was kinda neutral, as was Portugal.

Alternatively you could just put the Axis and the Allies and the Neutrals and just make generic troops. And in theory the F.F.I. should be in too.

Anyway, good luck I suppose.

Venitius.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:02 AM »
Myran Songbow: We are ashamed. So please, Overlord of our land, Ruler of the Rulers, do not hit us! I beg you! Have mercy upon our souls and let our desperate prays be heard. Have mercy upon us Holy, Kind and God-like TDM, we are inocnent lambs.

Show us the true way UNMISTAKEN pope and Pontifex Maximus. Do not let us fall in Hell. Give us the gift of eternal life.

We confess our sins and ashemed we kneel before you.
I personally ask for your forgiveness Maximus Leader of our filthy lifes.

You are the one to be ashamed. I will personally speak to Jubal about your ban. Being an admin here I can do that right away since you flame people and troll to this topic. You know in Mount & Blade a basic rule is in effect. If you don't like a game, don't play it, ok?

Why don't you make a flawless mod by yourself? Why don't you get a life? Why you troll some peacefull and poor moders like us?

Venitius: 1) Thanks for the Comment. 2) The map is WIP. 3) As I said previously anyone who can do scripting and coding to the factions, is welcome to join the team and share the credits. 4) Thanks for the good luck wish

Dimos
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:37:34 AM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
**** **** YOU! Myran!

:D

Anger xD

And we havent done anything to WW2. Its 60 years since and I'm just 17 so I couldnt have affected WW2.
Im not the ground man either, Dimos are. I'm just the 2nd CO Leader and the model maker.

So again **** THE **** UP!

Talk to Trydaelion about the Big Red One jacket, Venetius.
And thanks.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:00:21 AM by Colonel_Ryan »

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 01:17:02 AM »
Hmm I'm not No1 that's for sure.

I'm working on too many mods:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian?topic=7197537/1/#new

And Ryan! Tell the truth to our master! You are Emperor Hirohito's Re-incarnation! You had changed world history you Kamikazee sinner! Our glorious Pope Myran will ex-comunicate you from the Holy M&B Comunity with the fire of his inquisition trial!

And remember never say to a troll to close his big ugly mouth. Monkeys like him are mutants, genetically modified!

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »
:D

But Myran. Why are you flaming? WHY?! What makes a guy so special when he trolls?!

Damnimbored25

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
It's, because people troll them in the real life...and they do it on the internet where, they are safe in their...houses.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
Map:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
Calm down, children. Myran, please explain what you mean more or at least give more constructive criticism in future. It's their mod so unless you have something useful to tell them just let it go, they're not hurting anyone. Dimos and co, please learn to ignore trolling and flamin so this place stays looking like a forum not a schoolground shouting match.

A few notes;

- You need an h in "Washington", and also it should be "Washington D.C.", since Washington is also a state on the other side of the US.
- It's "Tehran" not "Teheran"
- The map does look... odd... in places. Saudi Arabia really shouldn't be the size of India.

The troop models are looking pretty good now though, and I do like the big guns. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

tryadelion

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
yes, map needs a few tweaks :D

1st Infantry Division shoulder sleeve insignia

The 1st Infantry Division of the United States Army
(nicknamed The Big Red One after its shoulder patch[2]  and The Fighting First[2])
is the oldest division in the United States Army.[2][3]
 It has seen continuous service since its organization in 1917.[2]
In World War II, the division landed in Oran, Algeria on November 8, 1942, as part of Operation Torch.[10]
 Elements then took part in combat at Maktar, Tebourba, Medjez el Bab, Kasserine Pass, Gafsa, El Guettar, B

tryadelion

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 01:02:22 PM »
The insignia of the 1st Infantry Division originated in World War I. There are two theories as to how the idea of the patch came about.

The first theory states that the 1st Division supply trucks were manufactured in England. To make sure the 1st Division's trucks were not confused with other allies, the drivers would paint a huge "1" on the side of each truck. Later, the division engineers would go even farther and put a red number one on their sleeves.[19]

A second theory also exists. In this theory, a general of the division decided the unit should have a shoulder insignia. He decided to cut a red numeral "1" from his flannel underwear. When he showed his prototype to his men, one lieutenant said, "the general's underwear is showing!" Offended, the general challenged the young lieutenant to come up with something better. So, the young officer cut a piece of gray cloth from the uniform of a captured soldier, and placed the red "1" on top.

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Calm down, children. Myran, please explain what you mean more or at least give more constructive criticism in future. It's their mod so unless you have something useful to tell them just let it go, they're not hurting anyone. Dimos and co, please learn to ignore trolling and flamin so this place stays looking like a forum not a schoolground shouting match.

The troop models are looking pretty good now though, and I do like the big guns. :)
Okay, okay. I just hate guys like that. xD
And hehe to the children school shouting :D

Thank you.

And Trydalion. Damn it. You are a valueable researcher

Venitius

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »
No offence, but that research looks like it's from Wikipedia with all the [1]s and the [2]s etc.

I don't think the BR1 troops should get medals, just a standard field uniform with the patch would be enough. The map needs several tweaks, like adjusting land masses and proportions and stuff... For example a wierd shaped South-West Asia and a large Mediterranean.  And a massive Eurasian mountain range and no Tibetan plateau. Isn't it Madras and New Delhi anyway? In theory, Italy should be mostly Allied after the Invasion of Italy..

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »
Venitius: Well don't judge the map so hard, since it is still a WIP. I think this is the first time somebody tries to create a wolrd map. The map is not only bad -in my opinion awful- but it is also really small. I have no time to spend on redoing it though. For example right now I stopped reading about Plato for my exams to post this reply.

If you have checked the link I previously posted, you might have understood that I already work in too many stuff for M&B.

About the Wiki issue, don't worry I hope Tryadelion will dind more historical sources to proove his sayings. I agree with the ''no medals'' proposal. Only some kings and rulers used medals in their civilian clothes, surely not on the battlefield.

I am anxiously waiting for new from the rest of the team member.

tryadelion: Keep on researching! Good to hear from you! Also if you like try to find some people that will be used as lords and companions in the mod.

Jubal: Hmm. I ain't no child my friend. As I already said the map is not so good, even if Ryan aprooves it... Washington will be changed, if that will cause so much problems. Teheran I think is closer to the original Persian name, but it will also be changed. Also note that it isn't Dimos and co. It's Dimos, Colonel_Ryan and Ryadelion, since I have no intention in leading as if those guys are my thugs or company workers...

Damnimbored25: Thanks for the support good sir

- - - - - -

Cheers and take care of yourself. Keep on posting / suggesting!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 05:58:50 PM by Dimos »

tryadelion

• View Profile
    • Awards
World War 2
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »
faction leaders and lords.

USA.

leader : Franklin D. Roosevelt. (just Franklin roosevelt, or franklin delano roosevelt)
marshall (army leader) : Gerge marshall

lords:
George S. Patton
Lloyd Fredendall
Dwight Eisenhower
Chester W. Nimitz
Holland Smith
 Richmond K. Turner
Ralph C. Smith
 Marc A. Mitscher
Harry W. Hill
Thomas E. Watson
Omar Bradley

BrittaiN:
leader:  winston churchill
marshall: allan brooke
lords:
Archibald Wavell
 Henry Maitland Wilson
Richard O'Connor
Lumley Lyster
Neil Ritchie
 Claude Auchinleck
Bernard Montgomery

CCCP:
leader: joseph stalin
marshall: Gerogii zukhov

Aleksandr Vasilyevskiy
 Semeon Budyonny
 Kliment Voroshilov
 Semeon Timoshenko
 Markian Popov
 Fedor Kuznetsov
 Dmitry Pavlov  
 Ivan Tyulenev

Rebel Nations (if added):
leader: Charles de Gaulle
Marshall: Ramon Vila

lords: any french, spanish, greek or brittish name... the resistance was a bit secret..

germany:
leader: adolf Hitler
marshall: willhelm keitel
lords:
Erwin Rommel
Georg Stumme
Ritter von Thoma
Franz Halder
Wilhelm Ritter von Leeb
Fedor von Bock
 Gerd von Rundstedt
Ion Antonescu