• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Mods
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
What mods would you like to see for S2TW? The one I'd like to see is one covering Yi-sun-sin and the Korean/Japanese war. Turtle ships would be awesome in Total war.

What mods would you like to see?
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:38:09 PM »
Don't mention it! Don't tempt meeeeeeeee!  :P

Clearly a fantasy mod or two would be great, Korea would be good too. Fantasy mods sound like they'd work well though, particularly with more in-depth heroes.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
I hope the faction limit won't be set to 9, and that is just the available playable factions.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:21:51 PM »
Yea, 9 factions would be hard to do much with. I can't imagine it'll be quite that low though.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
Modern Warfare :ninja: Oh well... Its not illegal to dream.

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »
I though maybe a Japanese version of the New world campaign would be good. europeans shipwrecked on the shores, build a camp, end up hostile to the locals. Except that the Dutch and Portuguese were already trading there, so it's a tad implausible.

comrade_general

Mods
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 03:04:49 AM »
American Civil War: Generals were very popular, plus there were ironclad warships.  B)  There only being two factions could be a problem, but each nation could be divided up by individual armies; Army of the Potomac, Army of Northern Virginia, etc. and the Generals who commanded them.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »
You could have a few extra factions; British Canada, Mexico, some native tribes...

comrade_general

Mods
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
You could have a few extra factions; British Canada, Mexico, some native tribes...
I don't think the map would really need to include Mexico, maybe a bit of Canada, but not really expand too far west. Essentially something like this, a little farther north though. But you wouldn't want Canada to play a military role in the conflict and including them would inevitably incite that, same with the Indians.

blackfang

• View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
make a fuel of war kind of mod, soldiers with machineguns running around killing eachother, its worth a try. though every game will end incredibly fast...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
I'd turn everything into a Mesoamerican, or maybe TEATRC inspired mod... Now that would be awesome !
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

The Dragon Reborn

• View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 02:57:16 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you all this but it was revealed a long time ago that this would not have outstanding modding capability. Look it up on Youtube if you want proof. Type in Shogun 2 Total War interview.

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mods
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
I'd dream of an ancient greek one... I'm still scratching my heads over how awesome (and difficult) would trirreme warfare would be.

I've got an article somewhere about it, if someone's interested.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

james1976

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mods
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »
What mods would you like to see for S2TW? The one I'd like to see is one covering Yi-sun-sin and the Korean/Japanese war. Turtle ships would be awesome in Total war.

What mods would you like to see?

Either as a Mod or an official Expansion/Major DLC with a new map and units....Sounds very interesting.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mods
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »
I just love turtle ships.

(Special one-off unit; the awkward turtle ship!)