The Exile Princes

Started by Jubal, March 31, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

Congratulations! Long time coming.

I'll download and give it another whirl  :)
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

Quote from: Tusky on December 13, 2024, 06:02:51 PMCongratulations! Long time coming.

I'll download and give it another whirl  :)
Thank you! Looking forward to any thoughts you might have :) And please do leave a Steam review if you get a chance!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Antiquity

This looks pretty complex, dang. I will have to check it out, congrats on the release. I like the song in the trailer, too.

Jubal

Quote from: Antiquity on April 13, 2025, 12:40:50 AMI will have to check it out, congrats on the release. I like the song in the trailer, too.
Thanks, I enjoyed doing the songwriting for this :) Do let me know if you get time to take a look!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Antiquity

Hooray, I won a game! (3x3/Vis, I think)

It took exactly 300 turns, although I probably could have won sooner, since the castles ended up being pretty weakly defended.  Once I started attacking them, I pretty much steamrolled them all.

I didn't do as well in the dungeons, since my companions never exactly reached superhuman levels.  I never fully cleared one out.

It was pretty fun, and the fact that play resolves very quickly makes it easy to keep going for another turn.  I will leave you a Steam review, and will probably try playing some larger and more difficult games.  Sorry it took me a while to try it out!

Jubal

Yeah, there's not a lot in the game to stop you bulldozing the map at the end, and especially going House of Generals on a lower difficulty you're also running an ideal game for that. One thing that can happen especially on higher difficulties is that there's an endgame mechanic with a ca 50% chance of triggering where the remaining cities band together and pick someone as king who gets a powerful royal guard unit. And also some maps just have enemy leaders who are more or less competent at different things, some of the enemy leaders' skill-sets are geared towards making combat challenging but others are geared towards electoral bonuses or quest-related stuff.

Dungeons are difficult, they're kind of intentionally the "stretch goal" to give an optional sideline to players who really want to get into the fighting mechanics and their end bosses include some of the most complex single enemies in the game.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it: a review would definitely be appreciated and I look forward to hearing about any further adventures you have in this odd little world I built :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...