Author Topic: Jubal's Maps  (Read 79521 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Here's all the maps I've made for 0 A.D., for your use and enjoyment.

To Install
Go to your 0AD folder, then go binaries -> data -> mods -> public. Then unzip public.zip, go to maps -> scenarios in the new unzipped file structure, and paste 'em there then unzip. You should be able to reach them ingame by selecting "All Maps" under the map filter when starting a game.

On Ubuntu, your 0ad folder will be buried in /usr/share/games/0ad. It won't have the maps/scenarios folders, so open up Nautilus as root (Alt+F2, gksudo nautilus) and enter your password, then navigate to /usr/share/games/0ad/mods/public and create a folder called 'maps' (without quotes) then inside that make one called 'scenarios' (without quotes). Then put your map files in there, and access them the same as above.

Jubal's Maps Pack for A13 Maghada:
This contains Barcania II, Colonia, Epidaurum, Nova Isla, and From the Mountains to the Sea in one pack:
Download

Individual maps for Alpha 13:
Barcania II
This stormy-looking island map contains huge potential - a swathe of rugged inland forest cuts off an athenian, a carthaginian, and a briton village. Around the edges of the island, cliffs and coves bring huge potential for sheltered bases and ports, with the starting villages sheltering a few peninsulae or islands accessible only by muddy tracks. Barcania II updated with new factions as above (the original had 2x Hellenes, 1x Celts):
Screenie (spoilered for hugeness, taken on older version though new one is very similar):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Download

Colonia
A carthaginian colony is founded on the Celtic/Iberian coast - but the locals aren't going to give up without a fight! Carthage, Celts, and Iberians struggle over a central valley on a resource-rich and rugged map.
Screenie (spoilered for hugeness, taken on older version though new one is very similar):
Download

Epidaurum
The map is actually based on the modern coastline (Cavtat in Croatia) and so bears no relation to Roman/Greek Epidaurum except the name and location basis. Three Greek villages (Macedonian, Athenian, Spartan) in two bays fight it out on the Illyrian coastline for supremacy - both on land and on the water.

Download

From the Mountains to the Sea
A classic multiplayer designed map for one Gaul and one Athenian player. The Greeks start on an island, the Celts in the rugged and wild mountain regions of the map. The vast majority of the resources are clustered along the wide and almost indefensible coast, filled with light forests, marshes, and flat coastal plains. Whichever side controls the resources is more open to assault either from land or sea... the war is about to begin.
Download

Himalaya
Years after Alexander's retreat, it seemed as if the Macedonians had barely left anything in the Himalayan foothills near India. In fact, some of them had never left... 1v1 Macedon VS Mauryans.
Download

Nova Isla
For two players; greeks versus celts on an island. includes rough mountainous hills in the west, sweeping woods and grasslands in the east, marshes in the NE, and other such nice features. Pretty fun; a third player is there, for testing purposes mostly, and consists of a few shipwrecked sailors.
Download

Old Maps
(For Alphas 4/5: May still work, may not)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:09:14 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Three maps added!  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
I likes. :)

How about a short tut for adding maps?
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
Added.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »
Epidaurum  <3
Now I know that you've been there  ;)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »
Nice maps jubal, hope to see more soon. ;)
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

comrade_general

Jubal's Maps
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 11:50:21 PM »
Looks perty  :)

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:05:09 AM »
You impress me Jubal. They look really nice.

You might even suggest them to the 0 A.D. team.

To bad I can't try them out right now.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 09:50:11 PM »
A fourth has been begun, this one's more designed around being a good 2P-MP-playable map.

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 03:28:40 AM »
Hopefully, not the Grassy Flatlands balanced type map  ;)

Good luck, I look forward to playing in it
(\__/)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »
As a preview, it'll be entitled "From the Mountains to the Sea". Essentially the premise is that the Greek player is on an island on one side of the map, the Celt player in mountains on the other, and the resources are for the most part along the open and almost indefensible coastline.  :)

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:16 AM »
Nice idea, although the balancing for the both islands will be hard. Best luck for you

A few pics wouldn't hurt *whistles*
(\__/)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:31 PM »
Here's a pic for you:
Spoiler: click to toggle

File coming soon!

debux

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 02:15:48 AM »
Oh lord, that looks SWEET! I'm guessing that some of your inspiration came from a map in AoM? (can't remember the name though)
(\__/)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jubal's Maps
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
Uploaded.  :)

Gotta say, I really really want to playtest this map sometime. Anyone likely to be free this weekend?