Author Topic: News  (Read 23165 times)

comrade_general

News
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »
Quote from: "Spankfish"
Hi,

Love the mod, love greek warfare, more poetic than grinding, crushing romans.  I know nothing at all about programing, modding or graphic design or anything else, but i have been a gamer for over 20 years.

I was wondering if you needed any help with constant beta testing, or anything else?  Im also a very keen military history buff, so always up for reasearch if needed.

Just really like the mod and would like to contribute if possible.

Cheers

Spankfish
Thanks, Spankfish, and welcome to Exilian!

I much appreciate your kind words and generous offer, but I am afraid that Persian Invasion has been put on the back burner (perhaps indefinitely).

The BETA did take the mod nearly as far as I wanted to take it. The most imcomplete part is of course the absence of unit info cards, and to complete these would require someone with 3ds max who would be willing to spend several hours making them. Rome: Total War and its mods have lost a lot of popularity in place of the newer games which makes it practically impossible to find this kind of help.

Thanks again though, and take a look around the forums.  ;)

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 06:08:34 AM »
Hello again.

Shame there about the lack of interest in Rome:Total War, its clearly the better of the last few games(except maybe Shogun).  I was dissapointed in Medieval, just really Rome with new skins and a few extra bells and whistles, and Empire not fantastic.  I tried making a few custom battles with the editor myself, but couldnt get them to work right.  If you need some help with anything, let me know.  I know Rome not really that historicaly accurate, so i can always help with that.

Cheers

Spankfish

comrade_general

News
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:16 AM »
PI celebrates the breaking of 2,500 downloads!  B)

724 on FileFront
1,779 on ModDB

The ModDB page has also received 34,749 visits, plus 43 watchers from countries such as: New Zealand, Austria, the United States, Brazil, Croatia, the United Kingdom, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Germany, Australia, Denmark, Greece, Canada, Finland, Norway, and Iran.

Pity I couldn't complete it.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
Nice work!

Shame those 2500 people never came here... :/
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
Congratulations !
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
News
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »
Got your page up CG: Persian Invasion Article
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

comrade_general

News
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 04:18:39 AM »
Now that everyone is gettin' all throwbackish with their mods I'm actually considering firing up this old beast once that map work is completed.  :sparta:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
W00t! RTW lives!  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Zimmeme

• View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »
it might be just me but i think persia has to many territories, u should maybe merge them to atleast take away like 10 of those cause i aint wastin me time time for 1 turn m8 lol

comrade_general

News
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »
Yes, I know Persian territory is huge  :P  but I don't think I'll be getting around to working on this again, as much as I'd like to sometime.

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 02:53:31 AM »
General, hope you did'nt mind, it was me who put the Sparta:TW boys onto you.  They had somehow lost all the data they had made and i remembered you saying you didnt think you would ever finish this off.

And, i always like your PI mod, so it would be a shame to see it goto waste.  Hope they do it some credit.

Regards

Spankfish

comrade_general

News
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 03:38:59 AM »
Quote from: "Spankfish"
General, hope you did'nt mind, it was me who put the Sparta:TW boys onto you.  They had somehow lost all the data they had made and i remembered you saying you didnt think you would ever finish this off.

And, i always like your PI mod, so it would be a shame to see it goto waste.  Hope they do it some credit.

Regards

Spankfish
I'm a little confused here...

Spankfish

• View Profile
    • Awards
News
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
I thought the boys who have Sparta:TW based on the Moddb site were using your PI mod?  I mentioned it to them, i assumed they had contacted you?

Have a look.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/spartan-tw

comrade_general

News
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »
No they never contacted me. Looks like he just took my mod, changed one or two minor things, added loading screens from Diadochi Total War (which still say Diadochi Total War) and released it as his own project. Very lame.  ^o)