Author Topic: Russian Invasion of Georgia  (Read 3472 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Russian Invasion of Georgia
« on: September 01, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »
As you all know, Russia has invaded Georgia. Do you think this could lead to another cold war? or further? or will it just peter out? Discuss.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »
Cold War II was coming anyway.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
I have to say Georgia where most definatly not intelligent for starting this all, thinking Putin would be distracted by the Olympics is foolish.
Trying to take back South Otessia is all well and good, but when they're pro-Russia it is rather silly. Russia is a battered nation, the fall of the Soviet Union forced the sale of may assets at knock down prices (hence the large amounts of Russian oil billionaires) and it hasn't been held as the same international presence since, to quote Tom Clancy, 'if you kick a tiger in the ass you still need a plan to deal with its teeth' (something like that anyway)
Russia has been held in a bad light as well, most of the damage to Georgia was done by a force of South Otessians, whom no doubt are pretty angry at Georgia for challenging their sovereignty.

You must have guessed I was waiting for this thread  :D

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:13 AM »
Lol, nice response.

Whether this will lead to another cold war is irrelevant seeing as Russia has withdrawn troops after the US and many european nations aked for a ceasefire.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:44:12 PM »
umm  may i just say why did the european countries and US back Georgia when the Russians where just defending their terrirories??

this is just another case of the west's fear of Russia and other eastern countries

PS: lol these ads are hilarious  'FIND YOUR RUSSIAN BEAUTY TODAY'  lmao :lol:
Tis but a scratch...