Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 28806 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
ES:O isn't being created by bethesda, it's a different team to the one that created Skyrim and their lead artist died apparently, the one who created the 'style' of TES. Combination of this and the subs, I'd say that unfortunately it's going to fail. Will be worth picking up once it does go F2P for the storyline...Though I said that about SWTOR and barely played it...Even though it's a great game.

Hope this doesn't lead to the end of the series though. Especially now that TES universe is just on the cusp of inventing firearms :D
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
and their lead artist died apparently, the one who created the 'style' of TES.

Yes that's true. Adam Adamowicz died before Skyrim was even released.
That man was a pure artistic genius.

I love his concept art, especially the part he did for Shivering Isles.

EDIT:
Just checked the thread and realized that I've already said this before.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32:04 PM »
Necro, but why not eh? Let's get some conversation flowing again. :)

I don't know if I said this anywhere, but Ladyhawk bought Skyrim on the Xbawks for me some time ago. And I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not being able to mod it though has killed me a little every time I play it though. :P
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCgdmZY-Fo

console peasants can't do this
Tis but a scratch...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
I've been playing it today actually, currently I have a Dark Elf called Janessa following me about, she's damn lethal with dual blades, easily killing a bandit chief and plunderer. Also, I've been sort of RP'ing and basically just use my leather armour with a hide shield, iron sword and long bow. Still killing things at level 20 thanks to the upgrading system, Janessa is armed the same way but with an iron dagger instead of the shield. We make a good team with me tanking the hits while she messes them up.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:01 AM »
I should probably get this. Don't have it yet as back in 2011 I had the worst internet ever and I couldn't legally buy it at a store.
ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 12:10:44 AM »
Definitely worth a buy, not got the story and character of Oblivion or the customisation and DnD feel of morrowind but has the best game mechanics (guild joining/civil war thing etc), fight mechanics, mods and moddability and difficulty hands down.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 03:45:11 PM »
I've not played Morrowind, only Skyrim and Oblivion, but I actually think Skyrim's story is the better one. Oblivion's... I don't know, just left me kind of cold I guess.

And I do think that the setting in Skyrim seems a little more unique than Oblivion's vanilla. All the races in Oblivion felt kind of generic, where as Skyrim actually gave each race some real character.

Just my opinion anyway. ;)

So, who wants to talk about characters?

I've got a handful, all for different things. For instance, I've got a Wood Elf who has completed both the Mage Guild and Companions quest lines, so is the Dragonborn, the Harbinger and the Archmage all in one. She used to use enchanted elven armour and a selection of fire enchanted weapons, but has since taken to using the archmage robes and lightning magic. If in a spot of bother she goes werewolf too. Because werewolves were a little underpowered I turn the difficulty down to represent the increased power I feel they should have.

I've also got a Redguard soulblade which I really like playing. He has no magic save for some very limited stuff. In combat he uses only weapons he forges from his own essence, bound blades and bows basically. He runs around in enchanted dwarven armour at the moment, and only uses stuff he forges and enchants himself.

Then there's the Dark Elf I finished the main story with, pretty much only doing the Dragonborn quests. He's armed with a mace and shield, though I have not played him in ages, so I don't know just what he has, only that I wanted to try something I normally wouldn't.

Lastly, I've got a Khajiit hunter who is strictly roleplayed. No magic and he isn't the Dragonborn. All he does really is wander around Falkreath and Whiterun hunting for a living and doing favours for people where possible. It's actually quite cathartic, eating at reasonable times, needing to sleep and everything. The restrictions make it fun I guess. :P

So what about everyone else?
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
I had a Dark Elf, called him Darth Indaryn and blasted people with lightning and used a modded red lightsaber. That was fun :D

Yeah the aesthetics of the different races are definitely miles better, especially Orcs and Redguard imo.

I had a 'Green Knight' Breton with green coloured bound weapons and armour (modded obvs :P) who was ever on quests to rid the world of Falmer everywhere. Plus had a Highelf bowmaster with much the same goal....Killing Falmer is fun, they're like moria goblins :D

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »
I've not had too much experience with the Falmer. My Redguard I think is the one who has taken them on the most. Either him or the Wood Elf.

I'm thinking of running a new character solely for the Dark Brotherhood as I finally want to try it out and I don't think it would be fitting for any of my current characters to do it. Any suggestions for limitations and character concept?
(\__/)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
Well the obvious one is Argonian Shadowscale. Un-obvious one is an Orc, black/grey skinned to merge with shadows with a strong connection to the divines who only used sanctified weapons (Enchant is cause fear in undead on hit or something) and monk robes. That could be fun :D

I had a fun playthough with a high elf assassin (the bowmaster) who then sought redemption by killing Falmer and ridding the common folk of evils.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
I've got a heavy-armour dual-wield Nord who does everything, it amuses me how you can become arch-mage with next to no magic skills though!

I've also got a dark-elf archer/necromancer which is pretty fun, mostly for the change from how I usually do things (ie hack first ask later)

I'll be getting a new machine lately though which should be able to run it on PC, does anyone have any recommendations on modding?

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:57 PM »
The first mod I go to on these games are capes and cloaks mods. I don't know why but I just think they're awesome.

Other than that, I think it's called Xenius character enhancements which takes away man sized hands from female models and adds better face features to both genders. The HD textures of course are nice and if you like messing with the loom yourself, there are a few colour injectors which just come down to personal preference. The weapon mods, by and large, are overpowered and ridiculous so I tend to skip them, but if that's your thing, go for it.

Another must have for me though is one which makes Iron and Leather/hide upgradable the same way other materials are with perks. It's how I keep using leather armour/iron weapons/long bow at every level.

There are some awesome player homes on the workshop, best of which is The Asteria, a flying dwemer airship (lore friendly btw, somebody found an obscure reference to them) but I rarely use them as they come with chests that contain powerful magiks that I don't want to use.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 03:34:26 AM »
Ladyhawk is a big fan of the capes and cloaks mod too. But the best ones are camping and the horse whistle mods. Just very useful and immersive.

So for my new character I reckon I'm going to go a dagger and bow assassin with illusion magic to help me out with staying hidden. Might pick up some necromancy and lycanthropy later on too, or maybe vampirism.

For the race, I might go a black/dark grey Argonian. I've never gone an Argonian before, so it'll be a bit of a new experience.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:41:20 AM by Phoenixguard09 »
(\__/)

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
Tis but a scratch...