Author Topic: Creationism  (Read 9559 times)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:40 PM »
Here (link) is a link to a letter by the incredible (IMHO) Richard Dawkins talking about the recent row in the Royal Society over the remarks of their head of education, advising that creationism should be taught in science lessons as a valid point of view

Discuss
please  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
Taken me a while to reply, but Dawkins is as always right. He's almost TOO right, that's why some people can't stomach him.

Ever read the God Delusion?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:12:40 PM »
No but I am building an amazon order ( have read all my books I bought to Uni ) and I have his book in the cart

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
Please don't buy that book it sounds like a pile of bullarmadillo.
"Scientists divide into two camps over this issue: the accommodationists, who 'respect' creationists while disagreeing with them; and the rest of us, who see no reason to respect ignorance or stupidity."
And if Dawkins wrote this then I have to say he is a llama. And an arragont prick.
Edit: Oh and he realy needs to think before writing bullarmadillo like this "relatively sensible minority among Christians, who accept evolution." as quite a large proportion of christians accept evolution.

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »
well I am getting it now so  :P                                                      

religion is for morons, if you want to believe in something, keep it to yourself, I don't care, don't hand out leaflets or ask me 'is Jesus in your heart' no, he is not and if God exists I hope I burn in hell so I don't have to put up with you idiots

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "Pentagathus"
Please don't buy that book it sounds like a pile of bullarmadillo.
"Scientists divide into two camps over this issue: the accommodationists, who 'respect' creationists while disagreeing with them; and the rest of us, who see no reason to respect ignorance or stupidity."
And if Dawkins wrote this then I have to say he is a llama. And an arragont prick.
Edit: Oh and he realy needs to think before writing bullarmadillo like this "relatively sensible minority among Christians, who accept evolution." as quite a large proportion of christians accept evolution.

In the UK and W Europe, yes evolution is accepted by most christians; in the USA (which is where the book is really aimed since they have the most creationist tards) not so much.

I'm trying to imagine Penty asking someone if Jesus is in thier heart.
I'm failing.  :lol:
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »
Stormcloud religeon is not for morons. Blind following of religeous teachings is for morons but if religeon is not corrupted it can greatly improve human welfare. However we do get such llamas as jehovs and the fanatic part of the muslim comunity (sorry muslims for calling it the muslim comunity but I can't be bothered to think of a better prhasing) but printing out books about how god doesn't exist (which is a huge waste of time since man cannot prove or disprove that a god exists) is not going to stop such fanatics. However it will piss of people who use religeon to get through tough parts of their lives, people who need their religeon.
Saying that all people who believe in a relgeon are ignorant or stupid shows Dawkins is either a hypocrit or an arragont prick as he is either assuming that there is no possibilty that his views are wrong (arragont prick comes in here) or he is accusing people of being ingorant when he is ignorant (hypocrit.)  
And so he is a llama.
And yes before you ask I am a christian but I am a very bad one. And I don't believe in true creationism although not being an arrogant prick I admit it is a possible explanation for stuff.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 09:08:23 PM »
Which I think goes to what I was saying earlier - Dawkins' point about creationism being bull is flawless, but the upfront, bullish, in your face way he says it just hacks off quite a few people.

I think the book counters quite a few of Penty's arguments, but can't be bothered to dig it out.

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 11:19:07 PM »
Penty, I shall just leave you in a fantasy world then, arguing flaws in religion is tedious, and if it gets tight then the answer 'god moves in mysterious ways' crops up, meaning a waste of time, energy and precious intellect.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
The Flying Spaghetti Monster moves in mysterious ways, stormcloud.

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage?

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
have you still got that lego model with the church to the giant spagetti monster?
Tis but a scratch...

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
Know ye not the power of the Beast of Bolognaise?

Cease talk of this weakling, the F***** S******** M******.
Du bist kein Schmetterling! Du bist nur eine kleine Raupe in Verkleidung!

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »
Quote from: "stormcloud"
Penty, I shall just leave you in a fantasy world then, arguing flaws in religion is tedious, and if it gets tight then the answer 'god moves in mysterious ways' crops up, meaning a waste of time, energy and precious intellect.

Give me an example of one of religeons flaws that is not to do with corruption or people following religous teachings blindly. Go ahead. And Jubal please dig something out becuase I'm getting pissed off with arragont llamas like Dawkins and I don't believe that it would counter my arguements as it seems like the sort of thing aimed to insult and counter the beliefs of fundamentalists.
Also the god moves in mysterius ways thingy can be very comforting to people

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »
Yes I must be very comforting to know that no matter how cornered you are you can get out of the argument, hence why I cba

So I leave you with this

I am Atheist
Smite me

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creationism
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
You can't be arsed or you can't back up what you have said? Unless you do back anything up I assume that you can't. And you might not find religeon comforting but you are you, many people do and if you can't admit to that then you are an idiot or you are way to far up your own arse.
Edit:
Do you find the thought of nothing at all after death comforting? To believe that you cease to exist? Becuase like many people I find it pretty portugaling scary.