Author Topic: Discussion: Economy/Government/Population Growth  (Read 13079 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Discussion: Economy/Government/Population Growth
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think xeofox's proposal is to have actions being built rather than actual buildings in most cases.

So the only things you'd physically build would be the sanctuary set and expanding the campsite, and then eventually at a fairly high level making a mud brick wall. These buildings would also ideally have no effect for non-nomads and if possible could be Area of Recruitment as the only buildable things there - so it would be almost pointless or at least not particularly useful for anyone else to capture the settlement, except to keep it out of someone else's hands (and even then you'd need to import all your garrison troops).

As such "find a winter camp" might replace building a governor's villa, etc etc. You'd find a blacksmith rather than building a blacksmith's shop, and so on. As xeofox points out this gives the illusion of representing the real features of nomadic life whilst fitting within the RTW system.

I think this makes a lot of sense. :)

(PS xeofox; in your description I've assumed by "parking place" you mean a camping site.)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
That does make sense, interesting :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Alavaria

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2014, 04:47:24 AM »
These buildings would also ideally have no effect for non-nomads and if possible could be Area of Recruitment as the only buildable things there - so it would be almost pointless or at least not particularly useful for anyone else to capture the settlement, except to keep it out of someone else's hands (and even then you'd need to import all your garrison troops).
This might be hard. Because you'd be adding more conditionals to prevent roman buildings from being build there (remember, you already prevent other factions from building roman buildings) and the more conditionals you add makes things very troublesome (there's actually a limit, I think two?)

You can make massive tax & trade penalties (again, assuming we've rescaled things) so that the settlements are really terrible to hold.