Author Topic: RTR Project 'Grand Campaign' BETA Testing 0.5!  (Read 29426 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR Project 'Grand Campaign' BETA Testing 0.5!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 05:14:49 AM »
Hmmm, something tells me that Egypt conquered a settlement down there but it revolted to Armenia, because they are labeled as the 'faction_creator' of the settlement in the descr_strat.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »
My Carthage Campaign continues:

Romans attack the isle of Palma, Beginning of what should be a bloody and Violent conflict:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Who Knew I had a port there :P

I invest Sicily and my first army was mauled in the re-taking my original city and I sent another force to capture Agrigentum which had a token force of 161, one principe and one hastati. Surely my mighty force of 1208 men would capture this settlement easily:

Auto-Resolve is not my friend this day :(

I'm also having a lot of problems with squalor and unrest, I have a lot of sanitation buildings but my squalor is still high. and for some reason unrest is really an issue, especially in tingis, I even moved my capital to cirta but I still have a lot of unrest.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
My Carthage Campaign continues:

Romans attack the isle of Palma, Beginning of what should be a bloody and Violent conflict:

Who Knew I had a port there :P

I invest Sicily and my first army was mauled in the re-taking my original city and I sent another force to capture Agrigentum which had a token force of 161, one principe and one hastati. Surely my mighty force of 1208 men would capture this settlement easily:

Auto-Resolve is not my friend this day :(

I'm also having a lot of problems with squalor and unrest, I have a lot of sanitation buildings but my squalor is still high. and for some reason unrest is really an issue, especially in tingis, I even moved my capital to cirta but I still have a lot of unrest.

Sweet unit cards...

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
Well, there's definetely a glitch in the phalangites animation:

It seems that happens when the unit is under fire and, to counter I guess, they brace themselves in this strange way.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:17 PM »
Hmm, I'll have a look.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
You also might want to have a look at the principes and triarii. I fought a battle against the Scipii with an army of 4 upgraded Libyan Spears, 2 Veteran Slingers and 4 upgraded Long Shields against an army of 5 Hastati 2 principes, 1 trrarii, 1 archer and 1 cav  plus a general. I swept aside the Hastati with some effort but those damn principes and triarii fought to the last man, My army of 948 was whittled down to 462 against just those three units :(

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 10:48:50 PM »
Here's my financial situation in my campaign with Armenia, 20 turns into the game:
As you can see, nothing fancy, though it can be partly justified by the ruthless war that I'm waging against those damn Seleucids.

xsithspawnx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
So here's my actual update on my pontus campaign.  Sorry it took a bit.  I had my pictures all ready to upload and found out that imageshack now requires a paid subscription to upload so I've had to change image hosting sites.  I've got a few pictures to go with my previous post.  To summarize, as of about turn 20 things are going fairly well.  I'm basically working with the troops I started with, supplemented with a few mercenaries and a couple spare units of eastern spearmen to act as cannon fodder.  I'm managing to hold my position right now mainly because the Seleucids have only sent small armies at me while most of their forces are focused in western Anatolia.  My economy in this picture appears fairly weak, but it picked up a bit shortly after these pictures were taken thanks to a couple of economic buildings being completed and more importantly Galatia being added to my territory (a valuable, but unfortunately somewhat indefensible addition that proved rather problematic to hold on to due to certain factors that I'll detail in a later post).

Army Composition and General Position

Stats Timeline (overall, financial, military, etc.) of me and my direct neighbors

Overview (Faction screen, Financial, Diplomacy)

Map

I'm a good bit farther in the campaign now (probably around turn 50) and things have gotten much more interesting (i.e. being attacked on all fronts every turn and barely managing not to hemorrhage territory for the time being).  I'll go ahead and get a post another detailed update here shortly as my weekend basically starts tomorrow.  Hope this helps.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »
Good reports!

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
Found another bug:
The port strat map model of Armavir is glitched and the ships just get stuck in the river.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2014, 03:11:01 PM »
Well, I finished my Armenia campaign... with a defeat.
Those evils Seleucids and their innumerable hoplite stacks brought me to an ill deserved fate (I shouldn't have attacked them :'(). One of the reasons that led to this was the fact that the Ptolemies and the Seleucids were allies, which they seem to be in every game (not very historical), and, as such, the latters could concentrate all their mighty militar power in fighting me. With an economically weak Armenia it was only matter of time till I was put to shame.

Here are some screens of my last battle:

Granted I was not trying my best to win the campaign, but it's refreshing seeing the AI pull this off.
Macedon campaign, here I go (hopefully with some better results)!

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »
Wow, that is strange that the Seleucids and Egypt will Ally. Looks like we need to do some editing of some sorts after this version

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »
Wuargh. I've just played a few turns with the Greeks. There seems to be a problem with the graphics, the campaign is a tad slow, and battles are terribly slow. Or well, not sure if slow is the right way to describe it, my peltasts were flying over the map like supermen, but I could only move slowly, like it happened on my 10 000 men battle on MTW2. Not sure why, since RTR VII, RS II and Invasio Barbarorum all work smoothly.

On the actual game: The income is quite high (but then again I have many rich cities, so it should be), but there is also a lot to spend with so many cities. Some of them don't have a family member in them (Pantikapaion or Massalia for example) which I think they should since they actually represent different factions (they also need to be renamed since they are all still Spartans at the moment, but I guess you already figured that out=. The new unit models are quite cool.

As Cyprian has reported before, I was also able to bribe an enemy army with only 5000 denarii (6 or 7 Roman units, most of them town watches) which is quite cool (since it rarely ever worked before), but maybe the amount is a bit too low, if you can do anything about it.

As for later possession changes, the Ptolemies should hold Lysimacheia and Macedon should hold Argos.
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »
Wuargh. I've just played a few turns with the Greeks. There seems to be a problem with the graphics, the campaign is a tad slow, and battles are terribly slow. Or well, not sure if slow is the right way to describe it, my peltasts were flying over the map like supermen, but I could only move slowly, like it happened on my 10 000 men battle on MTW2. Not sure why, since RTR VII, RS II and Invasio Barbarorum all work smoothly.

That's strange...

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:19 AM »
I'll ask my brother about it. If I get it to work better, I'll proceed with the campaign and post some screenshots.
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus