Author Topic: RTR Project 'Grand Campaign' BETA Testing 0.5!  (Read 29424 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RTR Project 'Grand Campaign' BETA Testing 0.5!
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:59:40 AM »
Here it is, after more than a month, we have something new to test!
http://depositfiles.com/files/r1m81qbae

To install:
1. Make sure you have a CLEAN copy of RTW 1.5 with BI 1.6
2. Extract the archive to your desktop.
3. Copy/paste the data folder to your CLEAN RTW directory.
4. Overwrite ALL files
5. Go to data/world/maps/base and delete the map.rwm and map_heights.hgt files
6. Create a shortcut for BI and add this in the target line: -show_err -nm -mod
7. TEST!

Here is everything that is included:
;;;;0.1;;;;
-Player1's Bug Fixer v3.36
-Hader's All Factions Mod
-Sinuhet's AI Formations 7.0
-Dol Goldur's No Boiling Oil
-Three New battering Rams
-Wlesmana's Projectiles sticking in Ground Mod
-Diadochi Total War's Grass and Sky
-BI Night Battles
-BI Shieldwall
-Resef's Combined Animations
-Force Diplomacy by DimeBagHo
-Marcus Camillus' Player Formations
SPQR Fort Mod by Lt1956
;;;;;;;0.2;;;;;;
-98% of units reskinned
-Webbird skins implemented
-Warspite skins implemented
-Ferres Modding Legion Pack v1.3 implemented
;;;;;;;0.3;;;;;;
-DMB fixes so a few units do not look vanilla
-RS2 Environments
-New banners and symbols for most factions (Brutii, Senate, Scipii still look very vanilla)
-Generals and Captains have new textures on strat map. Credits to webbird, warspite, and Prometheus
-New textures for the campaign map. Credits go to limes of AEE and RS2. Trees are from M2TW
-New settlement models for campaign map thanks to RTR VII
-New menu backdrop, and loading screens. I edited the loading screens, Menu is credited to RTR.
-New Loading bar from RTR
;;;;;;;;0.3.5;;;;;;;;;
-New Seleucid Legionary courtesy of spirit_of_rob
-DTW Walls Implemented
;;;;;;;0.4;;;;;;;;;;
-RTH 1.2 Map with vanilla set up implemented courtesy of Philadelphos
;;;;;0.5;;;;;
-Pinarius Horses
-Got rid of Resefs Animations since they were buggy. Added a unified animation pack that consists of EB's, RG's and Signifier One's Animations
-Added Unit Cards to 95% of the Units thanks to BERCOR!. Chariot units and a few rebel units still maintain vanilla unit cards.
-Added RS2 Settlement Trees, really makes a difference!
-Added Sleepysmoo's and Florin80's Wall mod - Makes Large Stone Walls look like Stone Walls, since AI was buggy with them.
-Got rid of Epic Stone Walls
-Fixed Siege Engines so that they are compatible with all walls
-Added phalanx_man's Realistic EDU. Battles are a lot longer and more realistic than ever!
-Added BI interface for Barbarian Factions
-Each culture has a unique set of Advisors now
-Edited descr_strat so that all factions begin with a larger more experienced army. Also made Numidia and Parthia a bit stronger, gave Olbia to Scythia, Pessinus to the Seleucids, and took away two settlements from the Germans.
-A few EDU and DMB edits, all cavalry units hold their reins now.
-Added a Naval Mini Mod made by Iskandar for ExRM. Sea battles should now have better outcomes and not be so impossible to win as well as being less frequent.
-Renamed a few settlements to reflect the 280 BC timeframe
-Hoplites now fight in a phalanx formation with overhead animation. They operate best when in a line, just like they did historically.
-Added new custom locations to custom and historical battle sites

To use Force Diplomacy:
In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, you must then click on the"?"
button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button",
propose whatever you want, the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

Testing:
Basically test everything from above, make sure everything runs smoothly, look out for bugs, and give solid reports. EVERYONE TAKE A FEW SCREENSHOTS! Both of the campaign and battle maps. These will be used for previews and promoting the mod once we release on TWC.

Barring any major issues, we are set to release on WEDNESDAY FEB 19th! So get your testing in ASAP, no messing around boys!

BETA Testing Sign Up:
ahowl11 - Everything
Bercor - Armenia, Macedon
b257 - Scipii, Brutii, Carthage
Mausolos of Caria - Greeks
Sigma - Spain, Egypt
Feanaro -
Ciciro -
cyprian2 -
jubal -
comrade_general -
thecheese -
Caligen -
Zephyronian -
Cozmicus -
xsithspawnx - Pontus, Thrace
Mirionis9 -
Alavaria -
Principe Alessandro -
Vrosivs Avgvstvs Ravkvs -
phalanx_man -
TheMilo -
Aquila - Gauls
YourStepDad - Julii
Skitoritto - Scythia
Ravagers Prey - Parthia

Happy testing!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:16:49 AM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Alavaria

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR Project 'Grand Campaign' BETA Testing 0.5!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »
To all beta testers, when you're in the middle of your campaign (like 20 turns or even more in) please put a screenshot of your Financial tab in the Economy thread.

It would also be great if you can tell me how many armies (ie: full stacks or equivalent) you and the AI are using, specifically do you feel like you have more armies than you need, and does the AI seem to have a lot or is it just weakly flailing about a bit...

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
Just did a quick three turns and let me just say I love what I am seeing right now. One bug I found though as playing as the Brutii. When I was attacking a town, I forgot its name but it was Illyrian, their Skirmishers did not fire on my ram, and when I ordered my velites to engage they did not fire until they were in their face, I mean I know Javelin units don't throw that far in real life but I doubt they got that close. I tried a custom battle and archers work fine but Javelins didn't fire until the enemy got real close, I dunno if others will have the same problem but I think javelin range should be adjusted somewhat.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 04:35:50 AM »
It's something that I'll have to ask phalanx_man about.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

xsithspawnx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »
Since it looks like it's not taken yet I'll grab Pontus.  If I get through this in good time and there's more open I'll gladly pick up more, but I'll start with just the one faction for now.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
Sounds good!

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »
Ok, I did the twenty turns  for the Bruttii and let me just say, the battles are longer and barring some hiccups like the Javelins, much more enjoyable. No game crashes and one bug I did notice one graphical glitch in a greek settlement I was attacking, I forgot if it was appolonia or ambracia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for finances, as requested I have posted all financial information from turn 20:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Financially I was pretty Darn Spiffy, then again I do tend to use low tier units like Hastati and Auxilia a lot which doesn't hurt me in the pocket :P

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Hmm that is weird looking. I'm not too worried about it though haha. I'm taking a break from actual modding until 0.5 has been tested well and released for a bit.

CaliGen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
How to take a screen shot in game? Last time I tried to hit print screen of this game, then ctrl + v later in some program like paint, all I got was a capture of my desktop -_-

xsithspawnx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 03:47:37 AM »
Try turning anti-aliasing off.  Also, you may try using a free screen capture program like fraps.  That's how I take my screenshots.

Cyprian2

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »
Cool, ahowl.
I've been looking forward to this.
Downloading, finally.

PS. Can I just overwrite the files of the 0.4 version?

xsithspawnx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 10:09:18 PM »
A quick update.  I'm around 30 turns into my Pontus campaign (H/H difficulty) and I'll put up a detailed post of the status as of turn 20 or so when I have time (hopefully tomorrow).  I have to say that Pontus really doesn't have access to much in the way of decent troops early on.  I'm really having to be careful with the few pike units I started with, especially considering that the Seleucids have tons of large stacks roaming around.  Fortunately, the Seleucids have only sent small armies directly at me that I've been able to pick off piecemeal, however, they have at least 3 full stacks in western Asia Minor so I'm racing to get some decent recruiting buildings up before they finish there and turn their attention fully to me.  My cities all start pretty small so I started lowering taxes in order to boost my cities to a large enough size to be able to get the recruitment buildings I need.  Anyways, it's been pretty fun so far.  I'll post pics and more details soon.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 10:14:11 PM »
@Cyprian, yeah you can.
@sithspawn, Pontus needs to be a harder faction since they were not very important until later. Historically, Pontus was just established as a Kingdom when the game starts.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 01:27:39 AM »
Are the Greek Cities available? I'd try them, but I can't promise when, since I have an exam on Tuesday and need to start my paper for uni next week as well, but I think I can do it somewhere in between next week.

@xsithspawnx Lord Vader, is that you?  ;)
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »
Yeah go for it! :)