Author Topic: 0.6-1.0  (Read 25418 times)

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 0.6-1.0
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
And that will achieve... what exactly?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:04 PM »
Well I was thinking it would retain the native culture so it would be harder to make the populace happy. Before you could just destroy the temples, build your own, and everything would be fine. Now that you can't destroy the temples the culture penalty will always be there. The bigger the temple, the bigger the penalty.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »
Since when do temples give a penalty? Or are you talking about religion? Because if you do, I'll just repeat what was said earlier: it forces us to artificially divide all factions into three categories, and would be unhistoric, as back in the day, everyone happily worshipped everyone else's gods.

What might work is something like what Aradan previewed for FATW: Dominion of Men, where you can't upgrade core buildings (Proconsul's Palace etc.). That means if you capture a city of a different culture, you'll always be stuck with the 20% happiness penalty that comes with a core building built by a different culture. But that also means that you can't "romanize" settlements anymore, as the Romans did.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
In vanilla when you capture a settlement of different culture, don't the buildings of the previous culture give a culture penalty?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
That's what I'm saying, but that penalty only lasts until you upgrade that specific building. And it's not just the temples, but any building that shows up on the battlemap (I think). Farms, roads and such don't give a penalty in my experience.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 05:39:57 PM »
So can't we make it so multiple temples can be built in one settlement? So when you conquer Mediolanium a Gallic Temple is present, but you also decide to build a Roman temple?

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »
You can have as many temples as you want, although only one of them can be shown on the battlemap. Just like in RTRPE. Just beware of bonus spam through multiple temples. But what does that have to do with cultural unrest?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »
You're Rome, you conquer a Gallic settlement, the shrine to epona generates a culture penalty that can't be erased. That's all I am saying

XxMSWShadowxX

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
In these planned future updates i don't really see anything i can help with :\ lots of coding stuff which i know if i tried would wipe the mod back to the stone age -_-

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
Nonsense. We need all the help we can get. Since you have experience as a graphic designer, maybe you can work in the mod's main screen and loading screens... We desperately need new ones, the current are quite dull.

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
You're Rome, you conquer a Gallic settlement, the shrine to epona generates a culture penalty that can't be erased. That's all I am saying

Ah, I see. Yeah, that could be done, but it seems overly complicated if all it does is add some unrest.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
We need cool looking screenshots as well that don't show the UI

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:20 PM »
@Sloth, I planned on having multiple temples per settlement anyway.

Alavaria

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2014, 04:24:07 AM »
If the "Shrine to Epona" is in a building tree accessible to Romans, it will be upgradeable to a Temple of (Roman god name).

In vanilla, you may recall it was wierder. Barbarians had three tiers of temple, but Romans could upgrade them to tier 5. IE: upgrade barbarian shrines into pantheons.

If it's separate temple lines (possible) the issue is of building tree use. You will need many different building trees used up just for this. Also, I sorta remember the Romans trying to absorb foreign gods all the time so that would be odd. I'm sure they have some Roman version of Epona, for example...

A potential method is to allow the first tiers to have little bonuses and be easy to build, but the higher ones (Awesome Temple, etc) have potentially larger bonuses, but take a long time to build (possible a steeper tax penalty as well, for the large upgrade)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:32:21 AM by Alavaria »

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »
In case you didn't know I got rid of many units in the current 0.6 version. Here is the list for reference:

Chosen Archer Warband
Forester Warband
Head Hurlers
Axemen (Only Germania)
Naked Fanatics (Everyone but Gauls and Slaves)
Druids
Screeching Women
Warhounds
Gothic Cavalry
British Light Chariots
Head Hunting Maidens
Scythian Noblewomen
Onagers (Except Rome)
Barbarian Warlord (Scythia, Britons)
Barbarian Chosen Warlord (Gaul, Germania, Dacia)
Bull Warriors
General's Armoured Bodyguard (Carthage, Spain, Numidia)
Numidian Camel Riders
Armoured Elephants
Heavy Onagers
Pontic Heavy Cavalry
Cataphract Camels
Chariot Archers
Eastern General
Pharaoh's Bowmen
Nile Spearmen
Desert Axemen
Pharaoh's Guard
Desert Cavalry
Nubian Cavalry
Nile Cavalry
Camel Archers
Egyptian Chariots
Egyptian Chariot Archers
Egyptian Chariot General
Egyptian General
Thracian General
Thracian General
Incendiary Pigs
Falxmen (Thrace Only)
Bastarnae (Only Slaves have access)
Desert Infantry (Only Slaves have access)
Roman Archers
Light Auxilia
Legionary Cohort
Legionary First Cohort
Praetorian Cohort
Urban Cohort
Arcani
Wardogs
Cavalry Auxilia
Legionary Cavalry
Praetorian Cavalry
Roman Armoured General
Scorpions
Repeating Ballistas
Amazon Chariots
Bedouin Warriors
Bedouin Archers
Yubstep Elephants

Also, only the Julii have access to Roman units and only the Slaves have access to Gladiator units.