Author Topic: Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released  (Read 22004 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »

This mod adds the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the mod:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

More screenies:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

Thanks to:
SubRosa, for her continued support and assistance during the making of this mod.
SrJamesTyrrel, for his gift unit and help.
EoJ, for his support and generally being a nice guy.
misplacedgeneral, or misplacedpope, for historical information on the Etruscans.
PrivateClark, for his contributions and help on various units and UI cards.
King Louise Assurbanipal, for his amazing unit skins for Greek, Roman and Gallic units.
The Modding Legions team, for letting me use their amazing Roman skins.
Arkrai, for his Unified Rome mod which formed the base of this mod.
TotalWarFanatic for his Spartan Hoplite skin.
And anyone else I've forgotten.

This mod uses mod-switch so it will not affect your original game files.

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/etruscansrar/;1...;/fileinfo.html
You will need winrar to open it.
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
Awesomeness as ususal, good to have some actual TW modding happening round here.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »
I've reimplemented the brutii, renamed as the Etruscans and I'm now looking at the units they should have. I was thinking of a mixture of greek/barbarian. your thoughts?

Possible troop tree:

Infantry:
Warband
hoplites
armoured hoplites
chosen swordsmen?

Missile:
greek peltasts
greek heavy peltasts
foresters?

Cavalry:
militia cav
barbarian cav
barbarian noble cav

Would that work?
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »
A mixture of Greek, Barabarian and Roman.

Give them some units with the town watch and then roman auxiliary models as combat, also lower leval greek troops (militia hoplites, pelatasts).

Barbarian noble cavalry I think ,but don't emphasis the Barabrians too much. These guys were very much a civilised cutlure, not of the WAAGH! CHARG IN NEKKED! Variety.

That's my take anyway, feel free to ignore it though.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
I've decided for the beta to go Greek with some barbarian support troops. I could add Romans later but not yet.

At the moment the faction is made, I just need to reskin is so it doesn't look Roman (I used the Brutii as a base) Then I can release the beta.

In case anyone's wondering, this will be mod:switch, so you can keep your original game.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 12:49:15 AM »
great, sounds real great.

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
This mod will add the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the preview:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Hoplites:

Etruscan Heavy Peltasts:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

The mod should be out fairly soon, but no fixed date. Right now I am setting about skinning the various units and changing the troop roster. Expect an interesting faction to emerge. ;)

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 05:26:46 PM »
hopefully il have the Unit cards done by tonight, ive already done the hoplites :

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
here are the two others :

Maxim Victor

• View Profile
    • http://web.me.com/vik.tarnholm/Beta_build/V
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
Hey, are you interested to help us with the etruscans as a researcher for Roma Victor, we could need lots of help, especially from those who burn for the subject.

Anyway good luck with your mod; Maxim Victor.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
Marcus hasnt been very active lately, lol

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 03:44:25 AM »
Ok, you'll be glad to know I'm back to work, currently sweating to build appropriate houses of worship for the almighty Etruscan gods. For the first version there will be at least three, more will probably introduced in updates, but I want to get the mod out there.

Gods:
Tinia (equivalent to Jupiter)
Sethlans (equivalent to Hephaestus)
Laran (equivalent to Mars)

Any comments and/or suggestions, post in this thread. :)

CN2

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • *..Vacui Paraiso..*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 09:58:48 AM »
[color=ff00ff]Ill be getting this when it comes out Marcus,very well done :)                                                      [/color]
CN2's song of the week - Heavy glow - Hot mess

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:17:06 PM »
My offer to test still stands as well, once you get another beta il be glad to test it for you.

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
Ok, stuff that needs doing that I can't do, if anyone's interested please reply:

Changing Roman and Etruscan description map.
Changing Corsican phalanx model so it has sword and javelins

Subject to change.