Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 26309 times)

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 08:22:30 PM »
I will post a screenshot of my party in a few minutes.
EDIT: armadillo man, only now i noticed it only happens between islands, but here's a screen
EDIT: Can't post the screen now, maybe later, Gotta do some school stuff, i'll be offline for a while
http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp125/v...current=mb2.jpg

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 06:14:44 PM »
Walking between the islands like in your screen does just happen, it's because the AI doesn't use boats yet.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »
Yeah, i guessed as much.

Terrabyte

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 04:21:42 AM »
Hello.  I've been playing with this mod for a few days now, and need to add in a concern.

My arena and tourney spawn points are fairly badly broken.  Opponents and teammates will spawn outside the scene area, on opposite sides of the arena wall, etc.  I do not know if the tourneys within the dungeons are "bugs" or "features", but once you get the hang of them, they turn into very interesting conflicts nonetheless, except in some of the Khergit towns - but that is another matter relating to troop equipment types and horse deployment...

I confess no real skill with editing or modding, but everyone has to start somewhere - and since this would appear to be a one-computer issue, like the previously mentioned parties walking on water, might as well start here.  

Anyways, thanks for your time.
Terrabyte

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »
Technically the dungeonfights are 'bugs' but since they're fun  I'm going to leave a few dungeon arenas in when they're 'fixed'.

My main problem for most of the arenas is I need about 3-6 scene editors, and I have two, one is me and the other is Pants!, who des a sterling jo but is pretty danged bsy a lot of the time. It's not hard to do, it just needs time and numbers really.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

High Empty

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 04:10:33 AM »
Ok some well, annoying mapping errors.

Gorin Empire

as citys at both ends of the map, however you have to go up into the high mountains where iron is cheap to get to it, the straight path is blocked by some gliched.

Second the Spice Capital, also has a mapping error as you can't get to the Red, "" corner guys, as it sends you back up into those same montains, even does it when your trying to get to Narra.

The Thing on boats is well founded

LOL you can buy a boat in the middle of the desert and try sailing it thru the land.

the ship battels are PAINfuill Frist if you have more than about 10 members in a party you end up, on more than one boat, this can cause upto 3 boats which than has a problem 2 of the 3 boats only get iin contact with eachother. So you need to retreat and fight again until everyone is killed.  Not to mention men drowning in water as they jump off.

Arena fights are messed up, everyone spawns at the same location and you end up not being able to fight.

When training villiagers you can have trouble, when you spawn in the village and they spawn god knows where.

I know there is more.

I'll keep my Eye out for them.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »
Ok some well, annoying mapping errors.

Gorin Empire

as citys at both ends of the map, however you have to go up into the high mountains where iron is cheap to get to it, the straight path is blocked by some gliched.

This will be fixed when the map is extended south, it's just the northern tip of Gorinia that's visible atm.

Second the Spice Capital, also has a mapping error as you can't get to the Red, "" corner guys, as it sends you back up into those same montains, even does it when your trying to get to Narra.

Yes, I don't know why that is at all I must admit.

The Thing on boats is well founded

LOL you can buy a boat in the middle of the desert and try sailing it thru the land.

Yes, that will soon be fixed.

the ship battels are PAINfuill Frist if you have more than about 10 members in a party you end up, on more than one boat, this can cause upto 3 boats which than has a problem 2 of the 3 boats only get iin contact with eachother. So you need to retreat and fight again until everyone is killed. Not to mention men drowning in water as they jump off.

True, but the system's VERY complex and it will take time to jmess with it at all. The addition of catapults should allow you to affect the battle more when I work out how to do it.

Arena fights are messed up, everyone spawns at the same location and you end up not being able to fight.

In the new cities, the old cities or all the cities?

When training villiagers you can have trouble, when you spawn in the village and they spawn god knows where.

That's just a scene editing bug - I need at least 3 more scene editors, it's not hard work there's just a lot of it.

I know there is more.

I'll keep my Eye out for them.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

ReginSmidur

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »
Hi everybody, i'm new to the forum XD

And plz forgive my poor english <.< i'm italian @_@

I just downloaded Southern Realms and I must say that is a great mod!

Unfortunatly, I went trhough many bugs, such as those said before (i.e. water walking, the ability of buying ships even in-land and to travel with them, weird training and arena..) I also noticed that sometimes, during sea battles, ships are partially coverd by water, and that sometimes it can take really loooong before ships "come in collision" (particularly ships tend to avoid each other)

I just hope that this is finished as soon as possible, and although I'm not a skilled m&b modder, if I can help in any way, link me some tutorial and I would gladly do it !

Silent

Bug reports
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »
Quote from: "Marcus"
In Uxkhal, when the Guild Master agrees for me to become a militia captain, I get a dialogue freeze.
The same happens in PRaven, so I would assume it's a global problem.

Also, the steps leading up to the tower in the monastery need some work on them.  :P                                                      
I can confirm this happened with all the cities were I accepted the Captain's job, the game freezes, I had to ALT-TAB out and kill the game.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
Well I found one big problem .... Just from curiosity i went to Sargoth to buy a ship.

Next thing I know is that i was sailing all over the mainland with constant messages "Do you wish to disembark?".  So I disembarked and embarked again. When i disembarked  for the second time I had two ships..... (and they all had a same name)   :zegun:
Here are the screenshots:

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »
Yes, I haven't worked out if its possible to make ships only creatable in port towns, that's what this needs...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »
well it's not that bad because there are no other ships sailing over the mainland...at least I haven't seen any yet   :D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:35 PM »
Cmeljo Mocni :D                                                        :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 10:56:34 PM »
I really need to learn Serbian (It is serbian, right?)...

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:53 PM »
Yeah, though most of the languages are similar in our region. But yeah, that's serbian.