Author Topic: 2014 M2TW Swap  (Read 26334 times)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2014 M2TW Swap
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
I'll do the first turn when I get chance, finals are evil little beasties

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Awesome :)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
Are these rebels cornish?! Only that looks suspiciously like the cross of St Pirrin...

I captured Zaragosa with a little bit of loss. Our princess has allied with the French & gained trade rights & map information from the moors & spain at no cost, though she's had some fairly useless suitors.

We got mailed knights for something, I forget what... but I'm trying to join them to the other troops who are mostly just ones we had hanging around. It may be worth making Zaragosa into a castle when we have some income as I seem to have broken our economy as I usually seem to at the start!

I'll PM the next person on the list (Dripping D) about sending the save file.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
Save file received

10 turns right?
Tis but a scratch...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:33 AM »
Save file received

10 turns right?

Yup, I forgot to mention we have a 'raise the amount of catholics' mission in lisbon which is why I moved the cardinal there. The moors snuck their iman in when I wasn't paying attention.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So we begin.

First order of business...

Disbanded several mailed knights, way too much of a drain on our weak early game economy, and built basic farms in all settlements. Also married off the princess to a pretty decent general, he spawned in Lisbon and spent his time travelling across to Zaragoza (offending the spanish along the way).

Moved any non essential units in eastern provinces into an army commanded by the heir and marched on Valencia

Whilst building rams and ladders our heir gets married, must of been a grand wedding in the siege camp.

Battle begins!

I have 1 ram and 2 ladders attack from the west with the bulk of my force, on the southern flank I have 1 ram and 1 ladder attack with a smaller force in hopes of splitting their forces.

The southern force successfully breach the gate after the western forces' ram is burnt down. My troops were well matched on the western walls and only sheer force of numbers allowed us to take the walls. The enemies towers taking a heavy toll among the missile troops.

The flanking force is charged by mailed knights, missile cav and a bodyguard unit. Forcing me to charge my knights into the scrap to hold the southern gate. Eventually we gain control of the western gate and my general and two mailed knights charge through and into the rear of the desperate fight for the southern gate.

Shortly after the devastating rear charge the battle is won

Casualties would of been significantly lower if the pathfinding wasn't so terrible on walls.

Not much occurs in the next few turns, built some mines and tanners and the economy is coming along strong.
Begin converting Valencia into a city as Pamplona is more than enough.

What are you doing Spain??? They just walked past and into France, AI you so silly.

'Bout time some one recognised my greatness

What are you doing there Moors? Turns out it's their Sultan, all by himself right on our border, TARGET ACQUIRED.

Cue rounding up units in Valencia and Lisbon to launch an attack on the Moors.

War is declared upon the Moors and the Valencia force takes out a large Moorish force north of Cordoba. Then I march them onto the capital, didn't have the movement to besiege it though.

Meanwhile our king and some of the Lisbon garrison marches on the Sultan's camp. Ram is built but he surrenders next turn, up to the next player if they capture or kill him.

So this is Portugal now. Pretty good position I reckon, might need to get some more mercs into the army by cordoba though.

Also early on I directed our merchant to Timbuktu...

Tis but a scratch...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 02:11:17 PM »
Nice work! I shoulda moved that merchant on my turn, but I suppose while we were friendly to the moors it didn't really matter. Is the pope still being annoying and demanding chapels everywhere?

Tom next I think!

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 03:52:47 PM »
He gave us 500 for the Lisbon mission then issued the same for Valencia which I have a priest working on
Tis but a scratch...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
Any hints and tips for me not to screw this up? Also, by the way it might take me a couple of days to get this done so please bear with me :)

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »
Don't trust the Spanish or the French, at your first chance take out the spanish
Tis but a scratch...

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
Ok, I'll give it a shot :)

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »
Don't trust the Spanish or the French, at your first chance take out the spanish

But avoid excommunication if you can. Never trust the French, they've stabbed me every damned time. Fortunately, Iberia makes quite a nice wall for them to throw their soldiers at!

Tom

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2014, 06:22:30 PM »
I don't think I'm going to have time to do this :/ DD, could you send it on to the next person on the list?

comrade_general

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 01:03:21 AM »
The Prince was lost in the siege of Cordoba, but the city was taken. The Moors tried to retake the city but I sallied forth and slayed them all. The King then assembled a large force to take Granada, which is only held by a few men.

The goddamn French thought it would be a good idea to blockade one of our ports so we are now at war with them. The council wants us to blockade the port at Toulouse for 2 turns. A French army was spotted near Zaragoza so I started conscripting an army nearby at Pamplona.

Moneyz is coming in pretty good and we haven't exploded yet, so all is well.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »
The goddamn French thought it would be a good idea to blockade one of our ports so we are now at war with them. The council wants us to blockade the port at Toulouse for 2 turns. A French army was spotted near Zaragoza so I started conscripting an army nearby at Pamplona.

Never trust the French... Looking nice though! Unless Lenin Cat wants to take his turn I'll have to pass until after exams. So feel free to skip me if we want to keep the ball rolling.