Welcome: Say Hello

Started by Son of the King, May 15, 2014, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of the King

Hey all of you!

I am SotK, or Adam. I'm a programmer who works for a company called Codethink in Manchester. I have a degree in Computer Science with Mathematics from Leeds University, and in my free time I play video games, program random things and a game called Township, and spend time with my wonderful fiancée Mother of Dragons. For my final year project at uni I generalised the scan conversion algorithm for rasterizing shapes to n dimensions, something that had never been done before!

So, who are you? What have you done with your lives so far? What do you know about programming?

Othko97

I'm Othko, an AS student in Bury, near Manchester. I spend a lot of my time sleeping, with the rest divided between revision/working and messing about on the computer, be it gaming or attempting to do something which looks vaguely like a program. As for programming knowledge, I am competent with python and java, and I can do some web stuff (html, css and a tiny bit of JQuery). I am sadly also proficient in Visual Basic 6.0, a language which is actually older than me. This is due to the Computing department at my college, who for some reason refuse to update the language they use. Also, I am your brother SotK.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

Rob, part time anything and nearly everything including a little html as required. Gamer, decent grounding in (basic) maths including geometry and algebra at sub-A level standard. Quick study for most things though, so I have that going for me, which is nice. How soon is soon?

Quote from: Son of the King on May 15, 2014, 08:34:13 PM
For my final year project at uni I generalised the scan conversion algorithm for rasterizing shapes to n dimensions, something that had never been done before!

I don't know what this means specifically but i know it's epic, congrats :)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Son of the King

Well with a bit of luck people will get posting in this thread over the weekend (I'm away this weekend), then we can start sometime next week :) .

Clockwork

Alright well I'm still hiding from the coppers or something far less interesting for the time being so might miss out, hope not though :/
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Son of the King

If it turns out that not many people have time right now (I hear its exam time for people at the moment or soon), we can wait a while :) .

Lady Grey

Hey, I'm Tea, or Mother of Dragons (MoD). SotK promised to teach me how to program in person, but all I know how to do at the moment is make his dad's computer type up the Duck Song. In my free time, I like to spend time with my lovely husband-to-be, reciting poetry (about 'the duck', most of the time), and talk about and practise for the video game/film themes album I want to sing and record that I've not got round to yet. :D