Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 88559 times)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2016, 06:22:55 AM »
Rum - ever the answer to the question "why is the Pentagathus gone?"

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:01 PM »
Aww that reminds me of my friend making these absolutely AMAZING no-bake chocolate rum balls for xmas. Dear god they were divine :0~
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »
Any chance of quietly obtaining the recipe? :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2016, 11:50:52 AM »
That sounds amazing.
Weigh ins tomorrow night so I've been eating prunes, lots of prunes. But also its too late to lose or gain much dry body weight at this point so I've been eating delicious tasty fats again. Omnomnom.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2016, 06:30:11 AM »
Sadly, no recipe, my friend didnt know since it was her mom that sent it to her :/

And I am actually just a few pounds away from being underweight so I should probably eat up but... ugh, kinda find it hard. After 20years of being a fatty and finally losing almost half of myself over five years, its hard to break out of mentality. Plus, I did let myself gain a ton of weight about a year ago when I slipped into the underweight category and was feeling like crap, but frankly it hasnt improved my wellbeing much. Been cutting again since and finally in my desired range I've been hovering in for a while.

So little rant aside, umm nothing noteworthy! Just a steady diet of awesome Korean food as I live in a Korean area of LA. Gimme mah kimcheez. And I do enjoy a mean scone and coffee every now and then :)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:38:37 AM by Koobazaur »
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2016, 01:11:09 PM »

I don't have any pics but I did get around to making chimichangas!

Made a light batter from bicarb soda and covered chicken strips which I then deep fried, put the tortillas on a pancake frying pan for just a few seconds each so they wouldn't tear. Heated some refried beans and put the chicken and beans in the tortilla along with a little garlic and cumin, used egg whites to stick the tortilla in place and deep fried the whole thing. Served it with salad.

Chicken in oyster sauce

Cook noodles in a pan of boiling water for about 2 minutes, then drain and leave them until the end.

Cook some chicken cubes, garlic and ginger in a wok until they were almost done, stir fry some veg on top- I went for carrots, spring onion, green beans and red pepper. When they've softened but still have some bite add de-seeded red chillis, a little shaoxing rice wine and enough oyster sauce to make everything sticky but not drenched then finished cooking noodles.

To finish the noodles, empty the wok of everything else, add a drop of groundnut oil and a drop of sesame oil, heat until it smokes then add noodles (I also added more de-seeded chillis but that may be excessive for some) which will be clumped by now and pour on light and dark soy sauce at about 70/30 dark to light, keep turning the noodles with tongs or wooden spoon or chopsticks and they'll separate again.

To cook any chinese food: Add garlic, ginger and spring onion to anything.

For instance I cooked some pork belly in the oven, cut it into strips, added garlic, ginger and spring onions to it and threw it in the wok with great vengeance. Steamed some veg and served with jasmine rice. That's real authentic chinese cooking according to my main man Ken Hom.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2016, 09:59:11 PM »
Today's offering; rice, with fried chorizo, prawns, green pepper, onion, and garlic mixed in. Simple but quite nice :)

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:21 PM »
I made pizzas today from scratch, dough and everything. Given that I cook for a minimum 6 people a night, I ended up making 9 pizzas and they all got eated.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »
Oh food. Omnomnom.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Yeah pizza's pretty bitching. Managed to make a cheese free pizza that was actually pretty good (put marmite in the pizza sauce) but I made a really armadillo base because I couldn't be bothered with proper bread dough. Is it a pretty simple dough to make?

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
I made pizzas today from scratch, dough and everything. Given that I cook for a minimum 6 people a night, I ended up making 9 pizzas and they all got eated.

You do so much cooking! :O

I'm currently really full of mashed potatoes with leeks.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2016, 11:39:48 PM »
I just feel inadequate about my rice now!

I guess I kinda lose economies of scale in always cooking for one. I've got stuff for more crumpet pizzas though so I will try and photograph some finished ones this time :)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2016, 01:21:50 AM »
Today's offering; rice, with fried chorizo, prawns, green pepper, onion, and garlic mixed in. Simple but quite nice :)

Yum that looks scrumptious! I'm a big stir-fry guy myself as well (tho lately been skimping on the rice). Back when I was interning between college semesters and trying to be cheap I'd routinely dump one of those frozen veggie mixes and chicken in a pan to go over rice. For flavor I used the Ragu/Preggo tomato-y pasta sauces.

I tried to make that again a while back, and it was predictably terrible xD I like to think I improved in that respect haha.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »

@Penty - Yeah, 0.5lb strong white flour to 7g quick yeast (I know, metric and imperial...It's a quirk) and some water hot to your hand but not boiling. You want just enough water to make the dough pliable but not so it's wet. I realise how that sounds, add water but so it doesn't get wet....

After that's all mixed up, leave it for 5 mins, put more flour on a surface that you'll be kneading the dough on. Knead the dough for 5 mins, leave for 5 then knead again for 5. At this point make sure you've got all your kit that's going on them and a pizza tray out or whatever and you're ready to roll them.

EDIT: If you're going cheese free, one thing I like is hoi-sin as a base and putting stuff on top of that. Fried pork is best imo.

You do so much cooking! :O

Oh yeah! I'm planning meals 2 days in advance, checking we have ingredients at that time and getting what we need. 2 days long enough to pick things up while short enough that everything should stay fresh. It takes up rather a lot of time I have to say, but since time is something I'm not using, I might as well ;)

Plus I quite like it and it's something I'm getting slowly better at. I really don't have a knack for it but I get so much practice that I'm just trial and error'ing to betterment :P

@Jub Cooking for one is sometimes harder mate, I know when I'm home alone for a week or whatever I just descend into a deliciously easy pit of frozen burgers xD I've been wanting to try making those crumpet pizzas!

Tonight I'm cooking 4.3 kilos of pork. The thing is an absolute beast.

comrade_general

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2016, 10:48:50 PM »
Frozen stir fry and pizzas for me.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2016, 11:49:31 PM »
I can finally present, from the Jubal school of totally incompetent cheffery (because cheffery is a word now), the walnut and blue cheese Crumpet Pizza! To make, simply lightly toast as many crumpets as desired, squish liberal (and I mean liberal, go full JS Mill on this one) quantities of blue cheese on top, add bits of walnut on top of that, 5 mins at gas 6, and ta-da :)