Author Topic: BearKnight's Deeper & Darker RPG  (Read 22854 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: BearKnight's Deeper & Darker RPG
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 11:34:14 PM »
OOC: Sorry, back from East Anglia now! Shall we declare night to have passed so we can get on with this adventure?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:41 AM »
Morning arrives and the sun rises, waking you gently while the soft summer breeze flows through your room. You awaken gently and wash up, before long noticing one of your possessions is mission before sokn finding out you already equipped it. The day has started.
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 09:30:46 AM »
I arrive downstairs and obtain breakfast early, pondering on the overheard discussions from the night before.

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »
The main hall of the inn is crisp and cold, the fire snuffed out by the cook when she rose to prepare the baked goods for the day. Traveler's mingled quietly and discussed the local gossip such as betrothals among nearby villages, and who completed their rites of adulthood this season.

The Hunky Hogg rested against the base of a steep mountain slope, protected from the harsh winds by a small wood-land, used for local hunting and foraging, the front entrance facing south toward the old stone road that journeyed down from the west and into the eastern valleys. A couple of small mountain streams ended in shallow pools by the path, creating a clean source of drinking water.

On the inside, The Hunky Hogg opened up into a hall with six tables accompanied by beautifully carved furniture that must have been lasting a few generations judging by its complexion. On the east side of the hall is a small room with a fire-pit for warming the establishment, and a short yet steep set of stairs leading up to the rooms above. Apart from several supporting beams, an old counter runs along the north side of the main hall, protecting the kitchen and pantry, in which all of the supplies are kept and cooked. The West face of the building has a small balcony for the second floor with carved wooden railing to prevent mishaps.

From the outside the building looked old and respected, yet on the inside it was covered in pelts, furs and cushions of sheep's wool, not to mention a hearty supply of vittles and home-brewed grog.

Near the main entrance stands an old sign with a few faded directions, while behind the inn-keepers counter is a notice-board, filled out with short jobs and various snippets of interest involving some strange locals and a travelling magician "Othko", who was a respected entertainer in the local area.

Other members of the party seem to have assembled on the ground floor, enjoying the brisk air.

Are you ready to proceed? If you are ready to go, gather your things and inquire with the Inn-Keeper, Jubal to discuss the next course of your adventure. The world awaits!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
I enquire with, apparently, myself :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2016, 12:00:42 AM »
I ask the innkeeper about the strange locals.

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2016, 01:29:37 AM »
The inn-keeper replies quietly, to make sure the other customers can't hear him.

As you probably already had noticed, this is one of the safest regions of this area of the world, and so most of the good folk in the local area are veterans and refugee's seeking a peaceful life. That's also why we have so many elders with missing limbs.

Before you go, i noticed you seem to have quite a lot of equipment, and i think i have a use for that. For a sum of coin i'd ask you to help me out.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »
What's the help you need?

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2016, 11:35:19 PM »
Jubal sets his cloth down on the bench and leans closer, whispering quietly so the peaceful folk don't get frightened.

We have a lummox in the forests along the road. Great big beast, huge tusks and a ferocious roar.
You can smell it before you can see it though, so i guess that's your only advantage. We've 'ad to stop sending people over that way because it's too dangerous, but now it's affecting our trading and supplies!

Supposin' you slay the beast, i have a purse of coin for each of you and a couple of antiques that you can use for spoils. They also say it hoards a small collection of antique items that are probably quite valuable.

Jubal leans back now and chuckles a little.

I wouldn't believe everything you hear though.

Behold, adventurers!
You have received your first quest!
This quest is going to have loot that has it's uses outside of market value, so keep an eye out for anything that might be a bit special!
Good luck!

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »
Sounds like a good deal to me. Who else is in?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 11:41:01 PM »
"I will accompany you to see and record this beast, though I have little ability at combat and may be confined to observation."

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 07:21:45 AM »
Moglav pats himself down to see if all of his equipment is with him before equipping his satchel.

"I'll help."

Jubal smiles in relief and hands the group a large, flat coin with a skeleton engraved on one side and a faded pattern on the other. If you hold it up in the light you can make out worn script around the edge of the coin.

Here, Take this. I suppose it would only be proper to pay you ahead of time, and judging by this being the only coin of this type, I think its quite valuable to a few scholars and merchants. A man said he found it near the entrance of a Crypt in the woods. Said there was naught else worth looking at in the area when he passed through though. Strangely enough shortly after he stopped by, that Lummox showed up. Nasty business that.

Item added to party inventory: The Skeleton Key
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:28:44 AM by BearKnight »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »
"Right, shall we head out?"

Andvari shoulders his pack and holds the door open for the others, looking out to head away from the inn.

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 02:38:32 AM »
As the party steps outside you take in the refreshing air, chilled and crisp from the nearby mountains as it tickles your facial hair and swirls through the trees gently. The road stretches before you, the side to your right (the south-west) comes down from the mountain ranges, continuing into the woods. A small stream of crystal clear mountain water trickling past and pooling next to the inn ( on the right side from the front) in a natural well.

The road from the mountains is clean and well maintained due to the lack of use, and the mountains themselves are inhabited mostly by Phyms (small muscly goats with thick wool coats) and the other end of the path disappears beneath the giant branches and trunks of the forrest, moss and roots forming a confusing maze, unless one can see the road.

The Inn is sheltered from the wind by a high cliff and opposite it is the base of a local mountain. Overhead the skies are clouding over with fat grey formations as the sun makes its way into the afternoon sky.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2016, 12:08:57 AM »
"Right, into the forests!"

Andvari activates his runestone of light to help show the way and heads into the gloom underneath the trees, along the road.