Author Topic: Creed, Cults & The Occult  (Read 2289 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Creed, Cults & The Occult
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:05:19 PM »
First off, apologies for this week's post being a day late. Was too busy to get it done on time, though keep an eye on the Facebook page for PSA updates if the blog post is going to be late. To sort of make up for it I've done a Patrons Only post over on the Patreon page showing a new finished piece of artwork for Frozen Skies.

Secondly, this week's blog post!

I've only talked a little about religion in Darmonica, think thus far I've only mentioned that there are a number of deities that people pay homage to. Likewise I believe that only two major religions have been stated, the Cult of the Great Maker and the Order of the Great Machine. Taran and Ares are two other deities that have been stated and given some basic details, though a full list of deities will be done at a later date.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2016/06/creed-cults-occult.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Creed, Cults & The Occult
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
Cultists are always good fun for a campaign :)

Does the Order of the Great Machine have a central authority in the Iron Collective to whom the more moderate external branches report? Or is it quite decentralised?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Re: Creed, Cults & The Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:32:52 PM »
Quite decentralised.

The external branches are fully aware that there is alot of mistrust of the Iron Collective and are also aware that their branches could be shut down at any moment by their host country. For the most part the external branches tend to distance themselves from the Collective, others may be more closely aligned depending whether they're pro-Collective by choice or have Sodkan agents that 'influence' their views.