What are you reading?

Started by Jubal, May 14, 2009, 04:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade_general

The History of Middle Earth - Volume 9 - Sauron Defeated

Silver Wolf

The return of the king (Croatian version)
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Darkstar707

I'm not reading anything *slids pron magazine under bed*

I recently reread the silmarillion by Tolkien. Thinking about rereading The Hobbit.

comrade_general

Quote from: "Darkstar707"I'm not reading anything *slids pron magazine under bed*

I recently reread the silmarillion by Tolkien. Thinking about rereading The Hobbit.
slids? pron? the?

yeah, i cant wait to reread the hobbit after i finish this 12 volume history

comrade_general

The History of Middle Earth - Volume 10 - Morgoth's Ring

Jubal

Laurie Lee - As I walked out one Midsummer Morning
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

The History of Middle Earth - Volume 11 - The War of the Jewels

joek

Just re-reading Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay asher, which is good but kind of depressing.
Also re-reading all the Watch books by Terry Pratchett, which is the best part of the Discworld books by far.

Son of the King

I've just finished reading One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie. I got that and two other Poirot books for Christmas, and decided I liked the change in genre.

Jubal

I read Of Mice and Men yesterday. Ir's pretty god albeit tragic.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Quote from: "Jubal"I read Of Mice and Men yesterday. Ir's pretty god albeit tragic.
Yes it is good. It is a standard high school book 'round these parts.

You should also watch the movie - the Gary Sinise version.

Jubal

Round here too, we're doing it at the moment. I quite like Steinbeck anyway (I've read Cannery Row and I've got the Grapes of Wroth for future reading), so it made sense to read it soone r rather than later.

comrade_general

The History of Middle Earth - Volume 12 - The Peoples of Middle Earth

last one  :)

Marcus

The Subtle Knife - Phillip Pullman
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

His Dark Materials is awesome.  :D