Author Topic: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel  (Read 63150 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Ooh, looks lovely - well done! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »
Slowly but surely, our Visual Novel gets closer to its destination. ^^

Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »
Windy Meadow closed out this month's newsletter :)

https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5773
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Nanna

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
Just read about this in the newsletter! It looks amazing, I love it!

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »
Thank you! I spent about 10 hours today working on the game and it really keeps me motivated to see someone sharing a bit of reinforcement with me. ^^
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
I liked the reworked images you posted on twitter - looking really nice. It's always a shame to have to delay to refactor or rework things to match later and better stuff but definitely worth it. I had a lot of that on my last project, the models I made at first were laughable compared to at the end so I had to spend a similar amount of time as you going back over them all!
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
Cheers, Tusky! In my case it's mostly the result of a conflict with the original programmer who had to be removed from the project after about half a year in. The original idea was to have an experienced programmer and to let me take on myself a large part of pixelart, writing and so on. However, I was pretty much forced to become our programmer instead and we have large delay with the graphics department. It currently looks better than I ever thought was possible, but I have to learn how to digest all these delays and problems. : (

Nevertheless, I really think that you are making a great job improving your graphics. I have this feeling that "Tourney" looks like the games from late 90's and early 2000's really wanted to look like but didn't have hardware to do so. For any kid who spent dozens of hours playing Age Of Empires it's a really delightful sight.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2018, 01:46:56 PM »
The last month and a half are just so... What's the opposite of "soul-crushing"? Soul-building?
Anyway, all of the parts of the larger picture finally work together and look as they were supposed to. : )

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2018, 02:18:03 PM »
Greetings!

Very soon we plan to share 1) the trailer 2) the demo version of the game 3) the Steam page for wishlisting. The former two are almost there - if they pass the testing process, we should be able to share them next Saturday. : )

Also, there is a good chance that Oray Studios (which makes a huge part of the game's graphics!) will show our work at G-Star 2018 in South Korea in just a couple of weeks!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »
Fantastic stuff - starting to really sound like things are all coming together (and look like it too from the screens!)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
So, the trailer wasn't officially shared in social media... I was hoping to see your opinion first since I can still try to change it.
This version, however, is very close to my heart and I'm happy to share it with you. : )
Since this Visual Novel is a bit different, I wanted its trailer to also be unique. But is it even good? Do you like it?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »
I really like it :)

I'd make two tweaks to the writing:
> "Changes, that you can't control." should just be "Changes that you can't control."
> At the end I'd use ellipsis for emphasis, so the penultimate section ends "strange and volatile..." and the last bit is "...how do you deal with it"?

But I think those are my only comments. Of course there's slightly the issue that you need to watch the trailer twice to get most of it, because it's hard to take in all the text and images simultaneously, but short of a voiceover I don't think that's avoidable.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
Thank you so much for your time! I'm going to think about it. <3

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
No probs - glad to see more of it coming together as ever :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards