Author Topic: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel  (Read 63126 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »
Well done on getting it launched! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2018, 09:33:34 AM »
ooo exciting. Looks good :)

The community hub doesn't work for some reason though. Added to wishlist and followed anyway. Knowing steam I imagine they use any shred of data about a game possible to automate it's appearance in the store so hopefully it helps!
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »
Hi there!
Tusky, are you sure that the community hub doesn't work for you? It does work for me even if I'm not logged in, though there is no content there. Does this link, for example give you no results? https://steamcommunity.com/app/875660/discussions/
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
Well hello there!

Our developer had a bit of time to spare and we are trying something new. From now on, many of the character sprites will have irides that reflect their character portraits. Details still may change, but it's a fun way to make some characters look more unique during the scenes which introduce multiple characters at once.

And since it's a feature that should have been added four months ago or so, making it work required modifying something like 1400 PNG files. This is what our dev gets for making late-development changes. Bad planning at its finest.

Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
Neat! And yeah, graphics style changes are huge work - respect to you guys for doing this one, I think it's a helpful change :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2018, 10:34:12 AM »
It was a difficult week, but quite efficient as far as working on Tales From Windy Meadow goes. We are now working on the epilogue, but also fixing older graphics that don't match the level of the rest of the game, adding new sound effects and, of course, fixing the dialogues.

In some parts our designer rewrites pretty much 60%-80% of the original script. Yikes.

At least the music is fantastic and needs no work whatsoever. ^^

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2018, 01:24:41 PM »
Whenever I feel like I need to take a break from developing Tales From Windy Meadow, I try to add to the backgrounds some animated critters. : P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »
I love that gif - really brings some bits of what's going on to life :) (And duly included in this month's newsletter!)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2018, 01:13:05 PM »
Thank you, Jubal! In the meantime, I prepared one more update... ; )

I can hardly believe it, but today I'm working on the game's epilogue. I'm waiting for one more image and rewriting the endgame credits. Tomorrow I'm sending the game for some testing, and if we decide the quality is satisfying, we'll try to try to release Tales From Windy Meadow before Christmas.

Yesterday, Oray Studios sent me some fantastic graphics that I'm editing right now. This game is so much more than I originally aimed for and it truly makes me proud.

For this ScreenshotSaturday I prepared two "old vs new" backgrounds. Some differences are obvious, some won't ever be noticed by anyone... Yet you won't believe how much time it took me to apply all the changes I wanted. And I think it was worth it.

Have a fantastic day!

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »
It’s happening! 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 turned out great! We’re still changing some minor details, but even now we’re proud of the Visual Novel we developed. Uploading it on Steam and adding the achievements was (almost) painless and we’ll do our best to make sure that 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿!
To make sure you won’t miss the initial discount, wishlist the game here!
Our journey is almost over. Thank you for supporting our project for over year and a half. ❤️

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2018, 11:45:08 PM »
Well done! I look forward to finally having a go at playing it :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »
It's the last ScreenshotSaturday before Tales From Windy Meadow's release... So we've made a new trailer!

Only five more days... Thank you for all the support you shared with us in the comments. <3

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2018, 01:24:34 PM »
I watched the trailer - looks fantastic. Love the music you used in it too.

Good luck for the release!
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2018, 04:11:08 PM »
Thank you so much! I actually wanted to use this music track for our first trailer, but I was unable to cut it right... And I just love this part from 0:46!
EDIT: And here is its source. ; )

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2018, 05:10:54 PM »
Tales From Windy Meadow is now available on Steam. I wanted to create an interactive story that explores the anxieties of choosing one’s path and living in a small community.

It turned out just as I wanted it to be, but better. It’s set in my beloved fantasy setting that I’ve been working on for 10 years. It tells a slice-of-life story, not an action-adventure one. It’s a Visual Novel, but it’s not about romance nor sex. I love the music, I love how the graphics evolved since the early concept arts. I love how the dialogues improved over the years.

It’s a niche game and I understand if many of you won’t find it interesting, but I also know for some people it’s a unique, intimate experience. And I’m happy I made it.

Thank you for sharing this moment with me. ^^