Author Topic: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel  (Read 63105 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tales From Windy Meadow - fantasy pixel art Visual Novel
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2018, 05:59:40 PM »
Congrats, a great moment when you finish something like this :) I'll get a front page announcement up later tonight - got a flight back for Christmas leaving about now and posting from my phone but once I get home in the UK I'll sort that!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »
Oh dear, have a good flight! I was once taking a plane from Poznań, Poland to Edinburgh and the views were fantastic. Thank you for willing to support the project!
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
I'm still not home, this has been a journey from hell, but this train has wifi so announcement has duly been announcemented:
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5839

:)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »
Congratulations!

Will be picking myself up a copy after the christmas break :)

I have to say it's been fun following your progress and seeing the game become what it is.
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:37 AM »
Thank you so much! I hope the game won't disappoint you!
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
Marcel Weyers, a very kind writer from Germany, took a closer look at Tales From Windy Meadow and since he found our story to be worth spreading, he decided to help us by translating it into German!

In result, I started working on all the useful tools that could make this translation come true. And since we’re doing it, it will also help us create other language versions, so we already made the first steps into creating the Polish version of the game. ^^

So yeah, I'm already after the game’s release, but I'm not resting yet! : D Are there any other languages supported by Tales From Windy Meadow that you would like to see?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2019, 09:24:23 PM »
Ooh fun! :) I wish I could offer Georgian, but mine isn't quite good enough yet...

I have now bought & downloaded Tales from Windy Meadow, but I'm struggling to catch up with my own projects before I can allow myself time to play it ;)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2019, 10:33:33 AM »
I don't know how I did it but I somehow missed your reply. O_o
I never heard Georgian before so I decided to check it out on YouTube, it sounds fascinating! What a unique vocabulary, I never heard anything like it.
Thank you for supporting the game! I can completely understand that finding 2-3 hours may be difficult. For me it's even more difficult to find time during which I don't constantly think about the development process...

And here is my new ScreenshotSaturday update! : )

So far, the translation process in general is going pretty great! It's also an opportunity to fix minor typos or tiny bugs, so once the Polish and German versions will be ready, I'm also going to update the English version and push it one step closer towards perfection. : D

By the way, in German version "Windy Meadow" was translated into "Windige Wiesen". Pretty cool. ^^

Also, there's a good chance that our Visual Novel will be translated into Indonesian (or - an Indonesian version of Malay) and Ukrainian... Though it doesn't look like our main font is going to fit it well.

And if you'd like to support our game but you've already bought it, it would be a great help if you could share your review on Steam or Itch.io. Let us and other people know how did you like it! And if you need some nice, relaxing background music, maybe my old lofi mix would help? : )

Have a great weekend!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »
I finally did a playthrough :)

I did the run that got me the following achievements:
United We Stand
Healing Wounds
Windy Meadow
Wind Of Adventure
Storyteller
Looking Outward Together

I definitely enjoyed it - I don't know when I'll get a chance to do the other possibilities, but it was definitely fun. I'll try to write a review if I get time :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:11 PM »
<3 Thank you for your time, Jubal! I would be more than happy to read your review. ^^

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »
Fabel arguably ahead of his time in inventing the slice of life story there :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »
Greetings! Our latest update is now live - English version is now updated, German and Polish introduced. Also, the game is now available on GameJolt.

You can read all the patch notes here!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2019, 10:58:32 PM »
Nice :) I just sent you a PM, by the way (I know people don't always notice them on here!).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:45 PM »