Author Topic: The World of Kavis  (Read 6792 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The World of Kavis
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »
So, I'm slowly planning an RPG campaign I want to run. I'm going to use Savage Worlds as the base game, running it pen and paper style since I don't have many minis to hand.

I'm setting it in a world I'm currently calling Kavis - it's the same setting as my text-RPG computer game Adventures of Soros, a light fantasy set in a sort of early to high medieval universe (so think chainmail not plate armour), with a number of unusual elements and setting twists. The initial setting I'm working on is the part of the world that has a sort of eastern European feel - an area of deep valleys, fast rivers and wiggling coastlines with lots of independent dukedoms and lordships, and a few major ports etc that act as crossing places between the real "centre" of the world further south and east and the sprawling and pompous but actually rather poor and fractious realms of the northwest.

I've got a lot of campaign ideas laid out - the next thing I need to do is start transferring them (especially enemies, monsters, etc, and working out how the rules all work) into the actual savage worlds rules and working out how to balance things there. I'll try and keep this thread updated as more happens :) Questions are also welcome!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
Re: The World of Kavis
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »
Oh, think I've heard of a little system called Savage Worlds... :P

Though I can lend a hand and answer questions, though if you're going to release stuff I'd advise looking at the fan license; https://www.peginc.com/licensing/

There are some pretty good 'fan' products out there like Saga of the Goblin Horde.

http://savage-stuff.blogspot.co.uk/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
I think my starting point will just be to release setting details/fluff, rather than much in the way of rules - I want to actually run a campaign and test out any rules I write before thinking of releasing them. If I get enough rules & details written up privately that I could actually compile a small primer/rulebook, I'll have a think about what to do with them then, but that's probably a year or so down the pipeline :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:49:45 PM »
Right.

Just the core rulebook you have or have you managed to get your hands on the Fantasy Companion?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 11:15:22 PM »
I've got the fantasy companion too :) And recently invested in some new dice, so I'm pretty much all kitted out, I think!

stormwell

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »
Cool.

Should be pretty much sorted, certainly covered for most critters with the core rulebook and FC.