Author Topic: Fringe Planet - a survival simulator game inspired by Dwarf Fortress & Rimworld  (Read 1907 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's taken me so long to get round to reading that blogpost, but I very much liked it - it looks like a neat and very flexible system to use :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Thanks so much for the feedback :-) Plenty more blog posts now :-) Things have been crazy with the end of year/festive season, but work is progressing nicely :-) I fleshed out some information last week about how Spirit Boxes, Spirit Storage and Spirit generators worked https://fringeplanetgame.com/blog/2018/12/07/occult-machinery-dev-blog-25/. Also created one of my favourite models - which is for storing spirits that have been trapped (you may see a wee bit of a Ghostbusters inspiration in it!) :-)

I was also in The Netherlands last week, meeting with the Indietopia Accelerator who are providing business support/mentoring. And was shocked at the sheer number of nerf guns they had in their office!

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Thanks so much for including Fringe Planet in the newsletter - it means a great deal and is super appreciated :-)

With the festive season now over, work is now carrying on - I did a blog post yesterday detailing the road to release, which you can read about here: https://fringeplanetgame.com/blog/2019/01/04/the-road-to-release-dev-blog-27/

Also, for Christmas, I added Christmas trees and Santa hats to the game, which was incredibly festive - but I think I will miss them once they are gone!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Can always have them in as (ironically in this case) an easter egg somehow :) And you're very welcome! It's a pity we're having to cut down on newsletters this year, but I'm pretty stretched between my own projects, my PhD, and running Exilian at the moment (among other things)...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Sounds like a lot of hats to be wearing! just a PhD by itself is helluva lot of work! And yup, they will be included in the final build - either as an easter egg that can be accessed, or automatically appearing over Christmas - the changes are purely cosmetic :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lots of hats - a great feature in games, a less helpful one in reality sometimes :)