Author Topic: Fringe Planet - a survival simulator game inspired by Dwarf Fortress & Rimworld  (Read 22072 times)

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Ah, yes, I think maybe I set too short a deadline for the competition, may ponder extending the deadline and just doing a year in retrospect, then a competition blog post. But thanks so much for trying - super appreciated :-)

And thanks about the model makeover comment - it's something I was very aware of my lack of skills with in the beginning - but am super happy with my progress with it :-) Still a long way to go though :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, it depends what you're after - I can probably produce something small for Thursday, but I'd rather have longer and be able to make something actually good!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Hehe, small would be good at this point, though still debating extending the deadline - first time of doing something like this and worried no one will enter :-)

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
I've had a couple of other folks say the deadline is way too tight - so I've extended the deadline - if you are going to do something for this (with the chance of grabbing a t-shirt and/or a peon name key) - you have till the 4th July now :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, excellent :) Will definitely try and get something done, then!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Just a friendly reminder :-) Deadline for this is tomorrow :-D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sorry, I entirely failed on this, big conference and I didn't get my thing completed in time :( I'll try and finish it some other time maybe but it feels a bit less point-ful now.

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
No worries at all :-) Thanks for giving it a go though :-) The conference looked really interesting btw :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It was good, thankyou!

Did you get many entries in the end?

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Alas very few - more my poor planning on that part alas. Huge things have been happening though :-) The Kickstarter is shaping up beautifully, really happy and can't wait to share it with you all. Also, even more excitingly, Fringe Planet is now on Steam. I've gotta say I have been geeking out a lot about this - searching for the game and then giggling like an idiot when it actually pops up. IF you fancy giving it a wishlist, I'd be hugely happy :-) You can find it here : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128950/Fringe_Planet/

There has also been a huge artstyle change with the peon facial textures. I think it makes a huge difference :-) Let me know what you think :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, yes, I really like the new facial textures - makes the game feel much more like its own unique thing and style :)

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Thanks :-) I couldn't agree more - it's really changed the feel (for the better!)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Yeah the new face textures are really cool. Added to wishlist on steam!

Look forward to the Kickstarter kicking off :)
<< Signature redacted >>

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
Thanks for the wishlist! With the Steam algo everyone really does make a huge difference.

And :

(trumpets blaring)

The Kickstarter is now live :-) I'd like to thank all your folks for the support, both here and on twitter. It's been nice to have multiple sources of input from everyone :-) You can check it out here :

I'll probably be relatively quiet for the next few days, there is a lot to do! But once again, thank you for the support :-)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards