Author Topic: America's Image  (Read 4513 times)

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
So to all you non-American savages (said with love) has your opinion of America changed since Obama took office? How do you think he has handled international incidents? IS anyone reading this at all?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04:36:31 PM »
I have to say Obama is still very popular here and that really does help. Brits still have some bad stereotypes of you guys, but generally Obama is making people more receptive to what America does.e
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »
yeah and that is they enjoy meddling in other countries affairs
Tis but a scratch...

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »
Hey man if you got the power why not? Besides if we weren't hated by everyone else than it might just be your country. ever think about that? no? well let me tell you that it really sucks having canadians assault you with a flag and instead of stars there are swasticas. By the way canadian prisons are foir pussies. I spent a weekend in one, in connection with the whole jankaty flag thing, and it was nothing.

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:54:10 AM »
My opinion of Americans before Obama was that they were all fat, stupid, drugged up, racist, neighbour-hating, religious fanatics who are patronising towards anyone British.

Since Obama, I think they're a bit less racist.

By the way, Britain already IS hated by everyone else, and we hate them all back! We just happen to be so tolerant that we bloody well put up with them. For example, England had to put up with both Scotland and France for 600 years. Even terrorism. I have 2 friends who live in London and use the Tube trains a lot. After 7/7, they got straight back on the Tube as if nothing had happened. I don't remember much from 9/11 as I was 9 at the time, but almost every single American was completely hysterical about the whole thing and even to this day a lot of Americans are still paranoid about terrorists.

The biggest thing about America I hate is that they provoked these with both Gulf Wars. The first one (1990) was justified. The US wanted to rid the Middle East of all the weapons that THEY HAD GIVEN THEM during the Cold War.

Then, the second Gulf War (2003) had no justification at all. Bush said that he had recieved intelligence indicating weapons of mass destruction and invaded Iraq, bringing us into the war with him. When they found no weapons, they then went looking for Saddam while big oil companies rolled in. The war MAY have been to dispose of Saddam, but it wasn't any other countries business what the state of affairs in Iraq was, so I think that the whole war was just driven by a greed for oil.
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »
if we think about this we went to war alongside the US because of Geogre Bush's intelligence...

which has been proven on many occasions to be absent  :D
Tis but a scratch...

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:29:51 PM »
hey man you don't have to tell me about W's lack of intel. I lived it for eight goddamn years. Also, we didn't provoke ***t. First gulf war was to honor a strategic military treaty we had, and still have, with Saudi Arabia to keep Kuwait a neutral territory in the middle east. 2003 was bogus i know. I am sorry you had to deal with the French for so long, that sucks, and i am sorry for that. But cmon, the Scots haven't been too bad since 1707 right? Besides their economy helped boost the UK market to a size where you had the capital to build your first empire, so give em a little credit. Also, i am neither fat, racist, stupid nor am i religious in any substinative way. Though i do hate my fat, stupid, loud, neighbor-hating religious nutcase neighbor, so you got one right...lol. :D  As a last point i would like to say that i have only been patronizing to those British i see, i lived in Orlando FL for a few years, who wore socks with sandals. I mean have you ever seen anything stupider than a grown man or woman wearing socks with sandals.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »
Quote from: "Dripping D"
if we think about this we went to war alongside the US because of Geogre Bush's intelligence...

which has been proven on many occasions to be absent  :D
That's why I believe that presidents (and other politicians) don't have any real power... I think that they are just like pawns on the chessboard... Somebody else controls them
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 07:35:56 PM »
Chuck Norris??   ^o)
Tis but a scratch...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
No, I don't think that. Bush was very much not the brains of the evil - that was Cheney - but I see no reaosn to suppose that anything was happenin behind the scenes, as it were.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »
The idea of some secret organisation controlling every politician in the world, is at best, horsearmadillo.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
America's Image
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
The only question remaining is...

What kind of ***t is it at worst?

comrade_general

America's Image
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 04:08:26 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
The only question remaining is...

What kind of ***t is it at worst?
human

:barf: