Author Topic: [DELETED]  (Read 18098 times)

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Looks good!

If the goblins tend to attack the player... it makes me wonder how the first picture was taken!

Well as you can see by the lack of user interface, its a scene shot, not ingame :D.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DELETED]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:09:22 AM by Phodex Games »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Are the skeletons in this game meant to be sapient (that is, do they actually have an agenda rather than just being mindless like in most games)? Was wondering given the evil rituals thing.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Are the skeletons in this game meant to be sapient (that is, do they actually have an agenda rather than just being mindless like in most games)? Was wondering given the evil rituals thing.

No, they aren't. For me, it wouldn't make sense if brainless skeletons had an agenda that goes being taking revenge on the living ^^. This actually made it tricky for me to come up with good idle behaviours for the skeletons. Like what do they do when you encounter them. Standing and walking around, feels a bit boring doesn't it? So far I implemented that they sometimes are lying on the ground and awake from the dead, but I can't think of much more that would make sense, apart from that ritual maybe or making them awake from a coffin or a chair.

However, the other races (goblins and humans) are a bit more complex, but in general, the game isn't too complex in regards to lore. I mean I like writing and would enjoy that, but Raidborn's focus is on gameplay, and at the end of the day it's an action RPG and not so much an RPG if you get what I mean. It's also a matter of resources in the end.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
[DELETED]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:09:32 AM by Phodex Games »

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No, they aren't. For me, it wouldn't make sense if brainless skeletons had an agenda that goes being taking revenge on the living ^^. This actually made it tricky for me to come up with good idle behaviours for the skeletons. Like what do they do when you encounter them. Standing and walking around, feels a bit boring doesn't it? So far I implemented that they sometimes are lying on the ground and awake from the dead, but I can't think of much more that would make sense, apart from that ritual maybe or making them awake from a coffin or a chair.
your skeletons have enough of a mind to fight and perform rituals.  Maybe they go through the motions of common activities in life?  Seeing skeletons driving an invisible plow or spinning an invisible spindle could be entertaining.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
your skeletons have enough of a mind to fight and perform rituals.  Maybe they go through the motions of common activities in life?  Seeing skeletons driving an invisible plow or spinning an invisible spindle could be entertaining.

Interesting point you got. But maybe that would feel a bit too comedic. Also if I would see a skeleton with an invisible plow, it would consider it a bug ^^. But still, maybe I can do something like it. Skeletons that are stuck in their former behaviours is an interesting idea.

Jeandavis

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ⚔️ RAIDBORN | First person action-RPG with dynamic level generation
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »
This game is really amazing i love this game

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2021, 06:13:22 PM »
This looks very noice, very noice indeed.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2021, 03:13:58 PM »
This game is really amazing i love this game

Thank you I am glad to hear that. Currently not very active with sharing content but the game is still under heavy development. Aiming towards an open beta playtest in early 2022.

This looks very noice, very noice indeed.

Also thanks to you :)