Author Topic: Prime Minister's Questions  (Read 2029 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Prime Minister's Questions
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »
So, who watches this? I've started watching it recently, partly for the answers the PM gives, but mainly for the theatre of it all. I have to say that the sparring between Clegg and Straw was quite heated this week. :D
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
I quite often watch it (you're REALLY surprised, aren't you?).

Cleeg vs Straw was okay, Straw was a little ragged which played to Clegg rather, though then Clegg made an out of line slip on Iraq which can't have made him popular with his new besties.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »
I wonder how they're going to play that one down. Clegg should make some more out of line comments like that, just to see the reaction. :)
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
Uh, I think I'm gonna go against my theory of knowledge and say that ignorance is bliss.  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
PMQs is a weekly event where MPs have half an hour to pin questions directly on the Prime Minister in the House of Commons, and get answers out of him. The leader of the opposition gets most questions, and other party leaders get more, with the rest being given to ordinary MPs (government ministers can't ask PMQs as far as I know). It's the most publicised bit of Parliament's business, and is where a lot of shouting, sarcasm and political theatre goes onn.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...