Author Topic: Forum conversion has happened!  (Read 13536 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Re: Forum conversion has happened!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
Yarp.

My apologies to all modders whose passworded forums did not get transferred. If I had un passworded the forums beforehand, they would have been transferred (most likely) without fuss. As it stands, I might be able to get them transferred tonight with some jiggery pokery, which basically involves un passwording the forums at ZB, running the script again, then importing the data to the forum database here. I won't be able to do it before midnight GMT mind, since the broadband package where I live puts a limit on downloads during the day, and I'll have to run the entire script again. I'll only be importing the thread data though. I also don't know how it will react with existing posts, so I will have to look that up before I do anything, because I don't want all the recent posts here to be wiped because of this.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:29:49 PM by Marcus »
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Unfortunately, I have discovered that if I import the rectified data from the old forum and upload it, it will overwrite what we have here, which I'm not prepared to do. If I had caught it on conversion day, I could have sorted it, but at this point it would be another unneeded disruption. So you'll have to shift your stuff manually. Sorry guys.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2011, 12:23:55 PM »
On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Mark online recently?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
Negative.

edit: Affirmative.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 07:46:13 PM by comrade_general »

Keedo420

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
Wow. I seem to have missed quite a bit in my absence. o.O Not only have you converted to a new forum, but how is it that I am only just now noticing that the skeleton on the zombie horse from my Horde Lands mod is now a part of your forum logo? That's awesome!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »
Keedo! :D

Good to see you around, welcome back as ever. Much news in your world?  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 11:53:58 PM »
I am only just now noticing that the skeleton on the zombie horse from my Horde Lands mod is now a part of your forum logo? That's awesome!

Well what can I say... oh right - ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

http://youtu.be/5ZmvkOR0oTQ

Keedo420

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 01:56:07 AM »
Keedo! :D

Good to see you around, welcome back as ever. Much news in your world?  :)
Thanks. I've kind of buried myself in modding Morrowind and started seriously working on a Hordelands Total Conversion for it. It is going to take so much work and A LOT of time, but it's going to be great. I'm going to be able to do so much more than I ever could for Mount & Blade. I'll start a thread about it soon.