Would you rather?

Started by Jubal, August 17, 2011, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

Ooh. I've not actually been to either. I think I'll go with Paris.

Ljubljana or Bratislava?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

I've been to Ljubljana and had a great time, so I will choose Bratislava for something different.

Be able to sing like an opera singer or dance like Fred Astaire
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

Dance, I think. Opera isn't my genre and my singing voice is passable for what I need it for, whereas the dancing would be a good party trick.

Be followed by a cloud of friendly butterflies or a cloud of friendly bees?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Othko97

Friendly bees, it'll be one more step toward my life's goal of becoming Beorn.

Be a hobbit, or be an elf?
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Jubal

Hmm, that's actually quite difficult. I think on balance I'd be a hobbit, but it's close: being an elf would mean I wouldn't have to worry about not having enough time to get everything done in life, given the immortality bit, but at the same time I think the less human nature of them doesn't appeal to me.

Fight with a spear or with a staff?

Pentagathus

Spear if I'm unlikely to have legal repercussions, maybe staff if I am, or if I have other reasons to avoid fatalateeeeeees. Spears have sharp stabby ends you see.

Oin or Gloin?

Jubal

Shocked by the revelation that spears have stabby ends! I will pick Oin, because he had the unhappier ending and I feel sorry for him.

A world in which Covid no longer exists and nor do any alcoholic beverages, or a world that retains both Covid and booze?

Anonyman

I'm very much not a fan of Covid, so I think I'd regrettably have to take the alcoholic beverages down with it (as sad as that would make me).

A choice between some animals that always give off the impression of having a good time: capybaras or quokkas?

Jubal

Capybaras seem more chill, I'd feel I was depressing a quokka with its manic smile whereas a capybara seems like it would just quietly understand.

Bandits or ravenous wolves?

Tusky

Bandits. I think I would stand more of a chance with them.

count your chickens before they hatch or cry over spilt milk?
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

Count my chickens, if I'm wrong I miscounted, and I don't have any spilt milk to clear up.

Hear a tale told by an idiot, or one full of sound and fury, signifying nothing?

Tusky

I think the tale full of sound and fury sounds like fun, I'll choose that.

Brown mushy snow or that really heavy fog that makes all your clothes damp?
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

The fog, just because I loathe brown snow.

Go to Dushanbe or go to Norwich?

The Seamstress

Norwich. Less people.

Would you rather be cursed by a mummy or by a witch?

Jubal

I think I have to go with the Witch: she's far more likely to be persuadable to lift the curse again, and far more likely to have a language in common with me to begin with, whereas the Mummy poses a much bigger challenge on both fronts.

Would you rather become modestly proficient at a randomly selected Olympic sport, or at a randomly selected circus skill?