Author Topic: Would you rather?  (Read 237202 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Would you rather?
« Reply #1560 on: April 17, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »
Pineapple!

Buzzard or Goshawk?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1561 on: April 19, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Buzzard pls

Kingfisher or Hummingbird
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1562 on: April 19, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
Hummingbird :) Though that is a tough one!

Rat or mouse
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1563 on: April 23, 2019, 10:45:36 AM »
I was about to say rat, because they are cute and brainy. But then I remembered the various real and fictional horror stories involving rats, so have changed my mind to mouse.

Would you rather that someone delivered a perfect replica the titanic to your house tomorrow for you to do with as you please (or as you are able, considering you'll need to get it to the sea and moor it somewhere), or the Bismarck
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1564 on: April 23, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »
The titanic. Much comfier.

Would you rather attempt to handwrite formally in a new alphabet despite the fact you can't do in your native one, or try to pronounce words in the relevant language despite the fact you have no idea how to physically form the required mouth shapes? (I may be doing both :/)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1565 on: May 07, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
I suppose the latter, since the worst that is happening is your mouth looks a bit odd. I don't think that is an issue for someone speaking in not their native language in my opinion! (hope you get it)

Would you rather never be allowed to use anything as a towel again and have to drip dry whenever you are wet, or you can only wear Christmas jumpers on your top half - the kind that have little flashing LED's going all the time
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1566 on: May 07, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »
The latter of course - since I didn't want to wear Christmas jumpers on my bottom half anyway :P

Yellowhammer or Redstart?

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1567 on: May 13, 2019, 08:24:32 PM »
I think I'll punt for Redstart

Your favourite Games workshop offering - or Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone Fighting Fantasy books
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1568 on: May 13, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »
Mordheim all the way it is.

GURPS or Savage Worlds?

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1569 on: October 02, 2019, 08:55:57 AM »
Savage worlds.

Cake or chocolate bar
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1570 on: October 02, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
Cake, I think. Though it's nonspecific about the cake type and the chocolate bar type and those make a lot of difference.

Last of the Mohicans or Treasure Island?

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1571 on: October 05, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
Treasure Island.

Dread Pirate Roberts or Jack Sparrow
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1572 on: October 05, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
Dead Pirate Roberts, no contest.

FLEE FOR YOUR LIFE or RETURN TO FACE THE BOVINATING PLAGUE THAT TURNS YOU INTO A COW

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1573 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:10 AM »
I am fine as a non-cow entity, thanks. I choose FLEE FOR YOUR LIFE

Would you rather....

1. Every 3 months you can go back in time and have a one-hour conversation with the historical figure of your choice, in the setting and context of your choosing (being able to understand each other perfectly).

The cost of this power is that when you are in the present a tearful person will forever more follow you around, looking very concerned at you as if you are terribly upset but are managing to bear it well. Generally, they will keep their distance but from time to time they'll come over with a hanky and dab it at your eyes as if they have just managed to prevent a sudden upwelling of tears and blow their own nose. If someone asks you or them what is wrong, they won't speak, but begin to noisily weep and break down as though the very thought of it can't bear repeating - and the asker should know better than to bring it up.  You will not be able to tell anyone what is going on.

or

2. Once per day you must summon 500g to 1kg of 1 item of food. For example, some truffles, pastries, carrots, rice or anything. Full meals don't count. They can be cooked or uncooked and must be consumed by you.

The cost of this power is that the food item is brought to you by a very swarthy looking person. They will follow you around for 10 of your waking hours. You will need to share the food with them. They will evilly chuckle and look at you knowingly (and the food whilst it is near you) as if to suggest that there is something very sinister about what you have done or where the food came from. If anyone asks you or them what they are doing there they will laugh in quite a maniacal fashion and look from you to them in astonishment that you haven't explained what's going on. You will not be able to tell anyone what is going on.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:45:19 PM by Tusky »
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1574 on: October 14, 2019, 11:00:58 PM »
Power 1. Makes my job easier, and I can deal with "permanently kinda sad" better than the awkwardness of sinister.

Rock Golem, Metal Golem, Folk Golem or Freestyle Rap Golem?