Art, Writing, and Learning: The Clerisy Quarter > Poetry and Artistic Writing

Khans Poems

(1/8) > >>

Cuddly Khan:
I do a bit of poetry... Maybe this will encourage me to do more.
My first one I did... while it was raining XD

The Forest

It's so relaxing; the feel of water from a shallow, fast running river over my bare, submerged feet, the safe feeling of the forest in a million shades of green.

It's so sweet; the smell of rain as the clouds empty themselves onto the earth, the sound of rain drops on the surface of the wide, beautiful river as if the water was alive and enchanted.

It's so colourful; the many flowers on the far river bank so alive with colour more numerous than the colours of a rainbow, the different birds jumping from tree to tree as their wings flapping so fast it’s just a blur.

It's so peaceful; the feel of grass on my hands as I lean back on my arms to rest my tiered muscles after a long restless day, the drips of rain water running down the side of my face as I slowly put my head back to face the sky.

It's so illuminating; the bright light of my lantern as it slowly runs out of oil and dims with every minute, the fading light of the red, orange and pink twilight as the clouds clear to reveal the sun retreating over the far horizon.

It's so calm; the sound of the crickets chirping as they wake up to the dark night, the cold breeze running through my hair as slightly moves and quivers side to side.

It's so wonderful; the sound of the millions of bugs and insects as they wake up to the falling sun, the sound of the green frogs in the wet grass as they croak into the night.

It's so relaxing; the forest.

Jubal:
It's nice stuff, good imagery.

Try paying a little less attention to grammar: your starting phrases would be harder hitting if they didn't have the "so" in, I suspect.

Be nice to see more.  :)

Cuddly Khan:
Thanks for the advise. I will try to put another one up on Saturday... which to you would be Friday I think.

Cuddly Khan:
Sorry. Was a bit late, wasn't I. Here it is than.

Dust to Mountains

I've seen high mountains
Wash away.
As they fall, so rise another day

Flesh fades to bone,
Bone back to dust
The sharpest blades, give way to rust.

Nations rise
And kingdoms fall
And rise again built strong and tall.

Light dims and dies,
And the night falls down.
The cursed name called with great renown.

Yet my time flows on
Amidst this waste
And the death I've seen I'll never taste.

Ladyhawk:
Thats very good :) Well done buddy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version