Author Topic: Axiosa: Game Thread  (Read 40765 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Axiosa: Game Thread
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:56:13 PM »
Okay, the four of you have all lived your lives up to this point around the hill-village of Kjalt. It's just a few miles from where the Axiosan capital used to be - the place is now a deserted ruin, because it got destroyed in the Union invasion. Banditry is common, the rulers locally are unpopular military types from the Union (a huge state run by Vampires which you currently inhabit).

Kjalt is pretty tiny, just a few houses and a little tavern. There's a small shrine to Hades, but no priest. What'd you want to do?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Axiosa: Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
Surverniose was sitting outside his ragged house taking in the view. He was admiring the sun coming over the mountains in the far distance and how it made the sky glow a pinkish orange kind of colour. He could see the smoke coming from the chimney of the Splintered Axe tavern but that wasn't much to look at.

His house, located on the outskirts of the village, wasn't much too look at either; it was small with just two rooms. The outside wasn't so bad; it had two windows out the front, not glass, and a door in between the windows. The roof was just thatched straw with a stone chimney sticking out of the top. Surverniose kept his horse, named Nero, in a small make-shift stable behind the house. Nero was a female jet black horse which Surverniose sometimes called his Black Knight.

Surverniose looked around to see the usual hustle and bustle of the early morning, which in Kjalt was barely any at all. He sighed and said "Just the way I like it" closing his eyes to savour the quietness of this peaceful village. Surverniose came here to settle in and for peace from the world he used to live in. The great cities were never quiet, not even at night.

He thought he had better get started with his job. He was an Errand Rider so he rode around on his horse to be available if anyone needs help. Sometimes he gets small jobs like delivering a message to someone on the other side of the village. Other times he has to run errands, like take 4 new horse shoes to Reptav or take a bag of wheat to Lewert.

Surverniose went to his stable to feed and water Nero than brushed her down. After all of that was done he took Nero out of her stall, around the house, jumped on and set down the dirt street towards the village center in search of an errand.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
chop some wood
Tis but a scratch...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
I sit at the creaking desk in the, small and unreasonably cold, upstairs room of my poorly built house.

A thin willow pipe sits between my cracked lips as I gently scribble on the parchment with all of the last day’s happenings. It doesn’t take long.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Death Nade

• Resident drawer
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Herrooooo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 02:38:06 AM »
I've just been to visit the smithy to collect some bits and pieces for my tinkering needs.

When i return home i find that my spotted black and grey bloodhound is roaming free on the streets. He seems to be looking at something over the hill but instead of letting him at it i persuade him back into the yard and start crafting my latest inspiration (which will remain a secret till i choose to tell you).

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 08:16:57 PM »
once ive finished chopping wood (finish my quota for the day?) head to my local and sit down with a cool cider
keeping an ear alert for any interesting news/gossip
Tis but a scratch...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
I ride around doing random errands for the people of the town and than I decide to go to the tavern. When I get there I order a drink and a nice T-bone steak. I see Leonard sitting in the corner and go sit with him. He looks tired from a days work.

"How are you this fine afternoon?" I ask

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:45 AM »
You hear the sound of hooves outside, and the call of a single, deep and rather sonorous, voice. It only sounds like one horse - or perhaps a donkey - but villagers are poking their heads out to take a look.

What'd you want to do?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »
"Buggery, now what’s going on?"

I like to think of myself as a gentleman so I leave my house to find this person and great them.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
walk out the pub and move to a position better to observe the newcomer, hold axe in a non-threatening way but in an 'i've got an axe and your a potential threat' way
Tis but a scratch...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 02:36:59 AM »
I yawn and say "Whatever it is, it doesn't bother me."

Everyone starts to move to take a look outside and it makes me curious. We don't get many visitors in this small town so I take a peak out the window.

Death Nade

• Resident drawer
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Herrooooo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 06:05:04 AM »
I finish my days work and decide to go down to the local tavern, where to my surprise there is stranger. I join the crowd to see who it is.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
A youngish man with a broad but slightly dopey face is leading a donkey through the centre of the village. He wears long robes, of a deep purpley-blue colour, and his head is shaven.

"Penny for the preacher!" he calls. "Penny for the work of the gods! All blessings are upon those who give kindness to travellers!"

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 08:34:56 AM »
I frown and look at the guy. I think it's just someone pretending to be a preacher to get some money. The thing is that preachers don't usually beg for money, they ask if you would like to give an offering for a blessing or they take it. Originally coming from the city I know this by experience.

I go back to my seat to finish my nice, juicy, delicious, T-bone steak ignoring the sound of the fake preacher asking for money.

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 03:22:38 PM »
"Pray tell friend!

What would a preacher be doing in The Union, it won't win you any friends with the governor."