Development Diary

Started by indiekid, September 24, 2017, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiekid

Jubal

The night heron photo is nice :) I saw a lot of them in Tbilisi last summer, they're fun birds.

Re the Aztec/Mexican leg, I've got a whole book on Teotihuacan that I've never gotten round to reading, I should really get to that sometime. A brief look online suggests that the Toltecs were too chronologically late to have built Teotihuacan, though - that might be an older interpretation that's now been superseded.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

indiekid

That will be an interesting read, and would give you a good understanding of the entire region at that time. I thought of going into the mysteries of the city's founders in the article, but in the interest of brevity I settled for a (?) next to the first mention of them!

Jubal

Yeah, not enough time for every historical deep-dive one wants to put into an article :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

indiekid

Some more adventures at the UK Games Expo, with musings on its actual size https://masterofolympus.wordpress.com/2024/06/03/diary-60-games-forever/

indiekid

Jubal

The tiny dragon looking after the huge avocado made me think of cuckoos (which famously lay their much bigger eggs and babies in smaller birds' nests and make the smaller birds do the actual raising of them, usually including the baby cuckoo eating the actual babies of whatever poor avian is being their surrogate parent).

The questions of what would do that to a dragon, or in what circumstances a dragon might adopt the same strategy, are interesting and perhaps concerning ones :)

indiekid

I agree and I find it funny that Tony had no idea what a can of worms he was opening with his simple statement! Also the fact that the avocado's skin is dark and leathery