Author Topic: New Game  (Read 8490 times)

comrade_general

New Game
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:21:31 PM »
Alright I still have yet to actually attempt to run one of these, and after renewing up fond memories of the mafia game I totally owned lol, it's about time I do.

So who's in?

Players
Tusky
Joob
Cara
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:51:07 PM by comrade_general »

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: New Game
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
Sure thing!
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
/in :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »
Technically, I'd like to be in, but I'm not sure about my responsiveness atm... :/
"Those who don't beieve in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »
We tend to play mafias pretty slowly over the course of several days per game-day, I shouldn't worry :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 06:29:58 PM »
Great, then I am gladly in... :)

comrade_general

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
Whoa I forgot about this. Anyone else up for play?

comrade_general

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
Well get ready for the shortest mafia game of all time. :P

Khan was murdered last night. The only active members during the time of his murder were Tusky, Joob, and Cara. CG, being unwillingly thrust into the position of arbiter in the case, has chosen the most unorthodox form of court in allowing the three suspects to act as their own legal counsel - and as the jury! The three will argue amongst themselves until two of them decide who is the guilty party, at which point Glaurung is standing by to execute the sentence without hesitation. If they choose wrong, the real murderer will use this opportunity to escape, likely murdering the lot of us on their way out.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
This is tough! We haven't had much time to see what people say & the things that then happened.

I guess I'll pitch in first and say I'm not mafia (obviously we're all going to say that!). With basically a choice of 2 others each it's important that the other towny believes me - because if a single vote goes to a townsperson then that means the mafia will win! At least I think that's how it'll go down, right?

If so it's a little 50 / 50, and I personally have nothing to go on to suspect which of you is mafia. I will have to see what compelling arguments are made :)

p.s. Am I correct to be posting in this thread itself? Never played a mafia before
<< Signature redacted >>

comrade_general

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »
Yes this is the place. I know it's a little different since we don't have nearly enough players, so I figured it would be easiest to just start with a murder and go from there. Basically two of you need to decide against one in your group and accuse them of the crime.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 11:33:18 AM »
Ok no prob. How long is the day phase?

I'm not sure if the others are lurking or are going to put forward their suspicions...

If it's the former then I will randomly pick one of the other 2 as my vote before the day ends
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »
So we're playing mafia... with literally no information so this will be completely random? Huh.

*Puts on spiffy detective hat*
*Observes complete lack of evidence*
*Takes off spiffy detective hat sadly*

I guess we wait for someone to do the evil voice? :P

Rules question so I know how cautious to be about preliminary voting to pressure people etc - are we playing it hammer-vote style (day ends as soon as someone has two votes), or fixed-day style (day ends at a fixed time and people can shift their votes)?

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
Right, so, I'd like to point out that I was fast asleep that night, trying to catch up on the sleep lost due to 3 performances, a conference, a birthday party and the sun (which is the true villain here - or anywhere), so I couldn't possibly have committed a murder that night...
Furthermore, I don't know the victim and therefore wouldn't even have a motive...

Also, are we going to talk about the fact that Jubal conveniently had a clip on hand of people talking about a previously committed crime and doing what he refers to as "the evil voice"? Have you been using that to practice?

comrade_general

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
Rules question so I know how cautious to be about preliminary voting to pressure people etc - are we playing it hammer-vote style (day ends as soon as someone has two votes), or fixed-day style (day ends at a fixed time and people can shift their votes)?
It's more so hammer-vote, so you'll want to be openly blaming and conspiring before you cast a vote. I'm still the judge so I can demand votes at any time.

Days and nights are essentially in real time since you're all locked away in separate cells during the night.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »
Hm, well based solely on those posts from Jubal and Caradìlis I would say that Jubal sounds more like someone that is in a position where he doesn't know who out of me and Caradìlis is mafia, weighing up the unique situation we are in. The post from Caradìlis had an air of defensiveness.

This could of course be Jubal being extremely cunning in how he came across...

<< Signature redacted >>