Author Topic: [Dev Log] Tourney: The medieval tournament sim  (Read 29528 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: [Dev Log] Tourney: The medieval tournament sim
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2021, 01:27:39 PM »
Congrats mate, already wishlisted! :D

Yay! Thank you :)
Not multiple sentient giant arachnid insurance policemen from Winnipeg

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2021, 12:51:50 PM »
I've been mostly working on the last level - so only a few bits to report on for this month...

Gulansharo buildings

The scenery models for Gulansharo are nearly done. The main text I could find for research mentioning the city of flowers was in "The Knight in the Panther's Skin" which describes a very enviable place with "many-hued flowers" and general loveliness. Here is my stab at the garden heavy docks area that the hero would have arrived at:

The other sides are a little more city-like with some byzantine inspired buildings, although I haven't yet finished those.

New track for Atlantis

The remaining music for the game has been completed. Jeremie, the composer, made a video of one track for Atlantis!

He shared it on social media - so not easy for me to embed here... But here is the link so you can check it out: https://twitter.com/JeremieFriez/status/1401268074846769152

Final decorations

I have finished all of the main buildable structures now. The final ones were some decorations which are now added to the game! Here they all are together:

Testing

Jubal and I had a productive evening doing some testing. There are definitely issues and glitches remaining! So I've also been busy getting rid of as many of those as I can.

Next

• Finish Gulansharo
  • A couple of models for the last level of the main campaign, notably the king
  • An options menu
Not multiple sentient giant arachnid insurance policemen from Winnipeg

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
Glad to see an update. Things are shaping up nicely.

Now regarding the decorations, I have a small suggestion, which is purely a matter of stylistic preference.
IMO right now the decorations look a bit too clean near the base which makes them appear a bit floaty.
A very narrow semi-transparent grime decal surrounding the bases could make them appear a bit more natural perhaps?
Not that there's anything wrong with them right now, just wondering if this could make things stand out a bit more.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."