Author Topic: Mountain Leopards: An Adventuring Story  (Read 29087 times)

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Mountain Leopards: An Adventuring Story
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2020, 11:08:55 PM »
Oh that fake spell trick was funny :) nice episode!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »
A short update: I'm intending that this isn't dead as a project, but there are some good reasons why it hasn't gotten further in the last half year.

Reason one is my health - as some of you guys know, my joints have not been kind, and digital art is not a kind activity for them.

Reason two is where the story goes next, which among other things involves developing the characters' backgrounds. Given recent events globally I've felt less able to take a decent go at Faay in particular, given her background as a slave and pseudo-Somali cultural signifiers. I think hers is still a story I want to try telling, but I don't think I feel ready and up to telling it just yet - possibly when some other things are out of the way I'll feel better able to think about this story properly.

As such, Mountain Leopards is on hiatus, probably for a while to come, though I hope to return to it before 2020 ends. Thanks for your patience.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2020, 08:32:54 AM »
That is OK Jubal!  I agree that beyond avoiding the obvious "Shadows in Zamboula" awfulness, doing multi-cultural casts well is a lot of work (especially if you don't meet a lot of different nations in everyday life: L. Sprague de Camp just enjoyed the human comedy and learning languages, most writers are and have to be closeted sorts to pump out enough words). 

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2020, 10:38:25 PM »
Take all the time you need :) I'm really enjoying this and happy to wait for more