Author Topic: Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [DEMO]  (Read 60799 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Roadwarden [Fantasy/RPG Elements/Pixel Art] [DEMO]
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2020, 09:08:40 AM »
That is very nice!
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2020, 11:56:32 AM »
Thank you! : )
Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.
Tales From Windy Meadow - my fantasy pixel art Visual Novel.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »
There’s been many changes in Roadwarden’s UI, what’s also tied to the way the game is played. Here you can see the completely changed magic system, the new trading menus, and the redesigned world map. There have been many more changes, and but I’ll save the explanations for the upcoming devlog.

All this while I’m also writing new content. This autumn has been great for the game, and no wonder - it synergizes with the color palette I use. ; )

Roadwarden - an illustrated text-based RPG in which you explore and change a hostile, grim realm. Currently in development.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2020, 01:16:10 PM »
I hesitate to share the new visuals from the game since many of them would ruin a few surprises I’ve prepared for you, but as I get better at placing pixels, I sometimes have to take a step back and update this and that. Icons, UI, illustrations.

Here are two examples. The first one is the camp from the game’s opening section - the second picture ever finished for the project. Some of the mistakes I fixed now are a bit embarrassing.

The second one used to be a generic mountain road, just a background displayed as the player rides through the highlands. Now it’s not only adapted to the new visual style of the game, it’s also an actual in-game area, a place which can be explored and interacted with. 

A year ago I wouldn’t be able to just make this bridge and figure out how to add it to the picture... But here it is. I’m happy. : )

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm really liking the style that Roadwarden is developing :) Good stuff!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »
Thank you! I already wonder where I can take it later on, once the game gets released. : )

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »
Here goes the new Roadwarden devlog!

I cover the UI changes, the updated visuals, new tools for the players, the redesigned magic system... I tried to keep it short, but in general, autumn was great for the game, and I have high hopes for the winter season.

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2021, 12:40:58 PM »
Creeks is the youngest and the smallest settlement in the peninsula, started by a group of refugees who fled from the war only twenty five years ago. At first supported by the locals, they had to quickly find a new home. They raised their settlement among the unclaimed hills, trying to tame the forest and its infertile soil, but with little success. The inexperienced newcomers, most of which used to be townsfolk, struggled to efficiently utilize the available resources. Cramped in small huts, forced to forage and hunt to survive, they lost many souls to hunger and beasts before the end of the first decade.

Those who survived grew close to one another, and the new generation considers the entire village to be a single, large family, where everyone is obliged to support all the other members of the community. Their humble crops are not enough to keep them healthy, but they do their best to master the art of carpentry, hoping to replace their dangerous hunting trips with trade.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »
That's lovely, really nice seeing the step-by-step of it :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2021, 02:34:21 PM »
Yeah love the progression images. Interesting to see the process.

Creeks looks nice!
<< Signature redacted >>

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2021, 05:00:45 AM »
Thank you! I personally really like to see some behind-the-scenes WIPs of other artists, but I guess it doesn't really work in social media.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
I could do some WIP stuff on the various graphical things I do, but I'm a terrible artist so I'm not sure that'd be useful :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2021, 06:48:07 AM »
I think almost every artist starts as a terrible artist. : )

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2021, 10:33:41 AM »
True! My problem is that I try to practice too many skill sets and end up mediocre at all of them :)

Aure

• I love good stories.
    • View Profile
    • Moral Anxiety Studio
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2021, 12:21:06 PM »
Since both wood and stone are valuable building materials, the abandoned shelters usually get dismantled. The only ones which remain are either so difficult to reach that they are not worth the struggle, or are kept just in case, so that the locals have an option to quickly rebuild them once the better days arrive.

Keeping the ruins also comes with a risk - clearings lure those of the creatures which need space to build their own nests, while walls can be a solid basis for a new lair.