Author Topic: Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion  (Read 81350 times)

SRN

• View Profile
    • Awards
Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2010, 11:37:08 AM »
Quote from: "Silver Wolf"
Actually all leaders should have crowns ... It was like a national symbol at that time
Yeah, that was why I suggested the different types of crowns, you know, to symbolise said leaders power and status.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
King Dmitar Zvonimir*
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

bengos101

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »
great mod but where are the assassin and templar guilds?:(???

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »
-The Templar ''Chapter House'' is located North-West of Jerusalem in Palestine... To enter it you need to be baptished as a catholic -there is also a secret entrance, if you wanna sneak in...-

-The Assasins' guild is located in the TAVERN of a major city of Europe... Just behind a door that you can find in that tavern... It has 2 rooms where you can do the assasin quest and after you are accepted in the guild you can buy some assasin equipment... -Note that their daggers are doing 30 damage or so-

I cannot reveal the city for obvious reasons ... If you can't find it you can ask me in windows live messenger, ok? I recomend that you search for it alone, though...

:ball:

Thanks for posting, keep on posting, ok mate?  :knight:

EDIT: There is also an incomplete thieves guild and many secret locations!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:22:43 PM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

bengos101

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
thnx alot i love your mod i can see that u pot alot of effort on this project :)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:47 PM »
Yay, that's really true my friend!  :ball:

Have you spotted the 'assasins' guild'' ?   [ :knight: + :ninja: = assasin ]  ;)  

Eh?  :P

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
1000 downloads! :)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:13 AM »
Congrats! :D
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

bengos101

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2010, 07:42:15 PM »
great ;)  but i didn't find the assassin guild :(

Pavski

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
Wicked mod! The texturing on the troops is great, and i can see that there have been huge amounts of work put into this! I would criticize the "Arena Fights", i.e when there isn't a tournament and u just feel like a fight, its kind of strange to have it in a dungeon, as the whole point is that rich sponsors give money to strong fighters in the arena and maybe hire them etc. So fighting in the dungeon is aimless as there are no spectators? Also, when u start the fight u r all bunched in the middle and undoubtedly will get hit by a weapon.

Also, archers are at a huge disadvantage in the dungeon arena, as there is no range, so they cannot shoot people before they get to them, and without a melee weapon they get owned.

Another thing, there is no city called Veliko Tatovo, it is Veliko Tarnovo, as i am a Bulgarian, i am pretty sure this is the case, also, Adrianople is now Edirne and it ain't part of Bulgaria, its Turkish. Otherwise this is a great mod, keep up the good work!

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
Marcus: Thank you!

bengos101: As I have said to you the assasin's guild is in the basement of a TAVERN in one of the cities... How you tried to find it? Which cities have you searched? If you can't find it tell me so as I can pm you the secret... Also, have you sneaked in the Templar Chapter house?

Pavski: Good day to you and welcome to exilian first of all. It is really positive to see new people joining around here... Those ''arena'' fights are leftovers from SR mod, which is the scripting base for my mod. You are probably speaking for Toulouse and Marseille and also Leon has that stuff... I think I can solve that easily, so don't worry it will be fixed...

I know about Tarnovo! I simply forgot to rename it before I uploaded the mod! Sorry for that, absolutely right in pointing this out! It's not only Adrianople that has that issue... Braga is also a Portugese city today, though it is a village of Leon. I mean, things where a bit different 900 -or more- years earlier. The region of todays ''Edirme'' is called Thrace. Thrace is nowadays divided between Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria... I mean don't mind that, it's ok for me!

Good points mate, thank you a lot!

To all:
I was thinking in making a mercenary troop tree with Portugese units. Portugal was not a state at that age -just a county and the count of it was King Alfonso of Castille, Leon, Galicia, Count of Portugal and Emperor of All Christian Spain- ...

Simply put I wish, if some players are from Portugal can have access to their home's troops if they make a Player faction.
The same might be done with Bulgaria. In both cases I have in mind a simple troop tree with a basic recruit and mediocre cavalry and infantry advance lines. Although the players can use ''Helraldric'' mercenary troops, I have already in game adding those troop factions will flavour the game a bit, I think

So here is a rag I made which is to be worn by the Portugese sailors, the recruits I will put for portugal...

And here is an atempt to create a Bulgarian Lamelar Coat:

Also about new factions [largely depends on Jubals scripts and time] I think the only factions that existed at that age and are not featured in the mod where: Duchy of Pomerania, Kingdom of Cilician Armenia, Welsh Princedoms... [?]

EDIT: Reply no 100 on this topic!

Also... I wish everyone of you that play the mod to tell me your opinion about the new armours / factions or whatever else!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:00:06 PM by Dimos »

Pavski

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »
I don't think anybody will be complaining about the armours, you always do a good job on them! Also, i saw that the "dungeon arena" problem was just in marseille and a few other places...or was it lyon? Anyway, yeah thats confined so cool, looking forward to ver 0.3!

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
That's how some new armours look in-game:

This one needs some corrections [Papal Urban militia]:

Anything you wish to tell me?

SRN

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
All those soldiers, apart from the Papal Horse Guy, looks like they have ginourmous beer bellies. :P

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2010, 12:46:55 AM »

Any thoughts on this?  :ninja: [Incomplete]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:47:24 AM by Dimos »