Township - Development Thread

Started by Son of the King, August 18, 2010, 12:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of the King

You should :P . I might write a tutorial sometime.

Yeah, my main priority is adding in enough things to get marks for my coursework (currently what I have is probably worth between 25% and 50%), and then I can go crazy and make the game part all awesome :D .

Son of the King

Creating trees using L systems makes me want to die. Because for efficiency all the branches need to be in place in the model, rather than transformed into position at runtime. This means that very horrible maths has occurred.

Son of the King

Horrible maths has beautiful results.

Spoiler

Son of the King

Even more beautiful is the result of another maths-y day :D

Spoiler

Cuddly Khan

WOW!! O.o Epicly awesomely amazing!
Quote from: comrade_general on January 25, 2014, 01:22:10 AMMost effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Son of the King

Not done anything particularly visually impressive the last few days, mostly just optimising my rendering code to stop the trees from killing the framerate.

Son of the King

Frustum culling implemented, framerate += infinity. Also cubehouse.

Spoiler

Cuddly Khan

...Is that.... is that a building I see?
Quote from: comrade_general on January 25, 2014, 01:22:10 AMMost effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Cuddly Khan

*Gasp* Floating grass... *Double Gasp* I hope I fill be able to fish in that lake. ;D

Son of the King

Cuddly Khan

Should it be, "Let there be night!"

Son of the King

Township news? Township news.

I finally set up an environment on my computer to (almost) let me compile and run my coursework code! Meaning stuff might actually happen with this at some point!

Jubal

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

ALMOST let you compile?? Stuff MIGHT actually happen with this at some point??

Looking forward to it. :)

Would you like a subforum for ye olde Township? Not like you wouldn't be able to give yourself one, just thought I'd ask. :)