Author Topic: Troop Rosters  (Read 40990 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Troop Rosters
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 10:45:56 PM »
There will be a lot of genetic engineering, randomly obtained greatswords and plate armour, unexpected cannonfire, etc, so I'm not too worried about the idea of large numbers of horse-mounted bio natscis. :P

There will be lots of burning things and almost certainly some elephant equivalents, I like my pyrotechnics too much so fear not. My plan for slime moulds was just to have them be stupidly hard to kill and just sit around as a slow-moving block of gloop; kind of more like a movable terrain piece to absorb charges or protect shooting units. Fellows are going to be generals I think.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »
Caesarians setting fire to pigs drunkenly as Incendiary Pigs? I seem to remember reference to a palaver over a pig's head on a stick the other year...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »
I seem to remember reference to a palaver over a pig's head on a stick the other year...

Or, if you're the daily mail, every year!

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Do we have any more units you need doing? Can't wait for this to be finished, already looks awesome!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »
Any of the L2 planned units could certainly be started on, and I'll try and get a building rosters thread up later. The graphics side (aka the new skins) is kinda time consuming for me as I'm not great at it; tomorrow is essay day (through to a 7am Weds deadline), but I'll try and get a couple more done on Wednesday.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »
I may get to work on some after I finish this essay on bacterial toxins, yay essays...

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »
How will fellows work in the character sense? Are we making up fellows or using the real ones, maybe the better-known ones e.g. Mary Beard for Newnam, Rowan Williams for Magdalen?  though we could run into legal issues perhaps  :-\

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
The thing is, they'll die swiftly anyway so there's no real need to use real fellows. I think we just make them up, honestly.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »
Any objections to:
- Using vanilla legionaries as classicists (after all, how else do you expect them to fight?)
- Heavy armoured knights as medievalists (ditto)
- Some sort of armoured axe-wielding nutters as ASNACs

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
No objections whatsoever

nickwizzo

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »
Sounds good.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
Here are some description attempts, again feedback is awesome.

Code: [Select]
{hist} Historians

{hist_descr}
Having spent most of their time pre-war reading of ancient conflicts, they're in their element! Not wanting to sacrifice style for something as unimportant as practicality, they remain in their tweed jackets and corduroy trousers. Acquiring swords and shields these form a decent early heavy infantry unit.

{hist_descr_short}
An early heavy infantry swordsman unit, useful to deploy fairly strong troops in large numbers.

{soc_sci} Social Scientists

{soc_sci_descr}
Encompassing a wide range of academic disciplines, these units mainly consist of students highly critical of how the world is run and how bad people are in general. In battle they form small blocks of infantry armed with spears and wearing skirts and roll-necked jumpers. Since they’re rather critical about organisations in general they tend to act better as defensives troops.

{soc_sci_descr_short}
An early defensive unit armed with spears, handy if charged head-on by cavalry.

{b_natsci} Biological Natural Scientists

{b_natsci_descr}
Students who have decided they love living things become biological natural scientists. With a love for genetic modifying anything they possibly can, it was almost inevitable that they would start on horses to try and improve their cavalry capabilities, especially for speed! They ride into battle wearing lab coats and armed with clamp stands to smash their enemies to death!

{b_natsci_descr_short}
A light cavalry unit who ride to war on genetically modified horses, they are useful for routing missile units or chasing enemies from the field.

{eng} English students

{eng_descr}
These students spent most of their time with their head buried in books, hunting for meaning in literature. Even with the outbreak of war they can’t tear themselves away from their books and insist on having one strapped to their belts. Known for an eclectic dress sense, they march into battle in woollen coats and pink scarves. In battle they act as a slinger unit, pelting their foes with rocks from a distance!

{eng_descr_short}
A slinger foot unit who throw rocks at their foes, surprisingly effective against lighter infantry.

{eng_scorp} Engineer Scorpions

{eng_scorp_descr}
Engineers have a tendency to fiddle with machinery, or build it if they don’t yet have one! These engineers are keeping things simple and have built a basic piece of artillery known as the ‘scorpion’. It only needs one operator and fires bolts, up to 4 bolts a minute in the right hands, each one capable of piercing shields and armour.

{eng_scorp_descr_short}
The basic artillery unit, built by the ever inventive engineers, useful against tightly packed infantry.

Equally, could we try to fit geographers in somehow? Possibly a movement bonus?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:46:26 PM by TTG4 »

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:53 AM »
Grammar of the Historians is off (Sorry to nitpick).

Should be "Having spent most of their time pre-war reading of ancient conflicts (sounds better than repeating war?), they're in their element! Not wanting to sacrifice style for something as unimportant as practicality, they remain in their tweed jackets and corduroy trousers.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
I was thinking geographers would be camelry  :P