Author Topic: [Dev Log] Tourney: The medieval tournament sim  (Read 13230 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: [Dev Log] Tourney: The medieval tournament sim
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
It's February! whew what a year January was! Lots of dev got done on Tourney! Here's a rundown:

Jousting Menu

Up till now the joust was only resolved by the AI. But now, when your knight is heading to compete in a joust you get a little notification which allows you to select tactics and potions etc - allowing control over the scores resolution. It looks a little like this (apologies for the cacophony of menus)

Dropoff Wagon

My third party helper completed a nice wagon model that will drop off the first level visitors:

So what's next?

• A menu that allows the player to "train" their knights and make them better
  • Implement the visitor dropoff wagon into the game
  • More menus! This time, ones to be used for the beer wagon and hog roast
Check out Tourney: The medieval tournament simulator, a PC game I am working on!
Links: Devlog thread here on Exilian | Tusky Games Website

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »
Loving all the updates. :D
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
Check out Tourney: The medieval tournament simulator, a PC game I am working on!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »
The new cart is fun - neat stuff :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
As tusky towers goes into hermitage mode, dev time is being ramped up. Within a few days I've already ticked off a few things that I'd had down on a timeline needing a few weeks, so there may be a fair few of these over spring.  :)

Visitor Dropoff Wagon

Finally got around to making the vehicle that delivers the pezzies to the tourney. Was quite pleased with the shire horses

Training Menu

When your knight does pretty much anything whilst competing they will earn achievements that you can spend to train them and level them up. This also unlocks titles which grant various small buffs.

It's still a bit basic graphically speaking, but functionally works really well. I just hope it's not too complicated! :knight:

Outlet Menus

Finished off the beer wagon and hog roast menus so that you can alter the a.b.v. of the beer and grease levels of the meat. That's fun to mess around with and make everyone drunk, or need the loo quicker - but also can be used for exploiting knights.

Next...

• Finish some other menus: The stand, decorations and surgeon. I don't think they need any paticular options so I think those will just have a sell button and a description
  • Weather! Rain will provide a decent reason to place covered stands

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:02 PM »
Ooh, will you be able to salt the beer? That's the historical classic for messing with people on that front :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2020, 03:42:21 AM »
A bit of nitpicking here, but do you think you could put some tack on those horses pulling the carts?
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »
A bit of nitpicking here, but do you think you could put some tack on those horses pulling the carts?

Yes, that's a neat idea. Don't know why I didn't bother in the first place tbh. Probably too excited to get them finished.

Ooh, will you be able to salt the beer? That's the historical classic for messing with people on that front :)

Nice! I could do, so that looks like something that was done to beer when it was not especially pleasant - i.e. when it was cheap? So it would be a way to have the keg earn you more money at the cost of how satisfied people are when they drink it

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2020, 09:29:36 AM »
I'm not sure that salting the beer makes it taste very different (it might not have tasted very good anyway), but as I understand it, the salt makes the drinkers thirstier so they buy more beer than they would have done otherwise.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »

I acquiesced

I'm not sure that salting the beer makes it taste very different (it might not have tasted very good anyway), but as I understand it, the salt makes the drinkers thirstier so they buy more beer than they would have done otherwise.

Ah ok, thanks :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
The tack looks nice! Good job.

And yeah, what Glaurung said. Though having them be less satisfied but spending more could still work, if "satisfied" is the thing that means "doesn't want to have more drink for a while" and if "spending more" can be analogous to "buys more drink".  :)