Author Topic: Spoil a wish  (Read 262593 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spoil a wish
« Reply #1110 on: November 27, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
You are a successful racing driver, in that you're both successful and a racing driver. However, your main field of success is in competitive paper aeroplane, not in driving, at which you invariably lose.

I wish I could just hide under a duvet with sufficient food and water supplies until December 13.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1111 on: December 10, 2019, 09:17:13 AM »
You do this, but are endlessly plagued by life admin. You have to keep popping out to use the toilet, adjust heating, get things to entertain yourself and so on. It spoils the true nest effect you were going for.

I wish that the nicotine clouds generated by those vape thingies was odourless, but still allowed the vape thingy to fulfil it's intended purpose.
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1112 on: December 10, 2019, 10:33:40 AM »
This happens. You only now discover that the intended purpose of vape thingies was to take over the world and become our new rulers, and the nicotine stuff was just a side game that has been preventing them completing their sinister plan - until you so rashly allowed them to fulfil their purpose and doom us all.

I wish I didn't feel so in limbo.

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1113 on: December 10, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »
You instead feel under limbo. A limbo stick. You must forever more do the "limbo dance" at children's parties against children that usually beat you, having superior smallness and limberness.

Like less has fewer, I wish there was another distinct word for "more" when you are dealing with a greater number of countable nouns

<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1114 on: December 22, 2019, 08:58:43 PM »
There is a word and it is ყვწურკარი, which has horrible consonant clusters and cannot be phonetically rendered in English. Several people choke trying to pronounce it.

I wish I had two more weeks of Christmas holiday to see more friends and get more writing done

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1115 on: December 24, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »
The earth's anual cycle is stretched and/or slowed enough to give you an extra two weeks in the year. As a result of the disruption to the laws of physics, the apocalypse happens.

I wish I could get the consistency of Christmas cake icing right, I haven't managed it for years...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: December 24, 2019, 11:48:46 PM »
You get the consistency of christmas cake icing right, unfortunately christmas cake icing is all a conspiracy and the perfect "correct" consistency is the unlocking key to summon the archdaemon Uhravalathod to wreak revenge upon the earth.

I wish that Uhravalathod would go away again.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1117 on: December 25, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
He goes away again. However you feel such remorse at making him leave a second time that you immediately call him back

I wish to meet Barack Obama
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1118 on: December 25, 2019, 11:28:33 PM »
You meet Barack Obama Senior, but he's dead and doesn't tell you anything much.

I wish I could eat more food at Christmas without getting full.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1119 on: December 27, 2019, 09:39:39 AM »
This is achieved by removing all of your body below the stomach. Food now drops on to the floor & seat you've been propped up in. You can now eat infinite amounts, but require a system of tubes to stay alive.

I wish there had only ever been one religion
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1120 on: December 27, 2019, 03:07:09 PM »
There was. It was a suicide cult. Humanity did not last long enough for other religions to form. You are erased from existence along with millennia of human history.

I wish the weather was pleasant but seasonal winter sunshine, not grey and misty.

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1121 on: December 28, 2019, 02:30:58 PM »
you can now see what the mist was hiding, and you are afraid.

i wish i could stay on the couch eating lebkuchen and watching kid's movies forever

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1122 on: December 28, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »
You are on a couch that is eating lebkuchen, as you ask. It is very uncomfortable and lasts forever. The phantom menace and the remake of Gulliver's travels with Jack black are played on repeat for that time, for your entertainment.

I wish chips were good for your health

<< Signature redacted >>

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1123 on: December 29, 2019, 02:39:37 PM »
Chips are good for your health. Unfortunately, they are wood chips, not potato chips, so they're extremely tough to chew, and they don't taste nice either.

I wish there were mountains near Cambridge.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1124 on: December 29, 2019, 05:37:18 PM »
There are now high mountains encircling Cambridge. Cut off from the outside world, you rapidly run short of supplies, and ultimately the city lies a wasteland, reclaimed by the elements.

I wish my cat wasn't unwell.