Author Topic: Spoil a wish  (Read 250666 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Spoil a wish
« Reply #1125 on: December 31, 2019, 08:47:43 AM »
You absorb the cats illness, which is much worse for your human innards.

I wish I had another coffee right now, instead of having to go all the way downstairs to make one like some sort of chump.
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1126 on: December 31, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
You have another coffee, but it has no milk in so you have to go downstairs anyway to get that. Like a chump.

I wish I could write faster.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1127 on: January 01, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
You can now write the word "faster" and no other words.

I wish the person currently in the room of the flat I am moving into would let me know what on Earth they are doing so I can hand my notice in on my current place
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1128 on: January 05, 2020, 12:31:31 AM »
They are doing nothing on earth, having snuck off to their secret fortress on Mars, and are thus not obliged to tell you anything.

I wish that I knew better what the best use of my time would be.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1129 on: January 06, 2020, 06:01:26 PM »
You find out the best use of your time. As determined by the US military, and detailed in a secret CIA file, it is to build missile launchers. As determined by the Bracknell women's institute, and written on the back of last year's flower arranging monthly, it is to paint small garden gnomes a pleasing shade of orange. You do not find this information useful.

I wish there was a German cake shop next door to my house.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1130 on: January 07, 2020, 12:48:09 AM »
There is a German cake shop next door to your house, and you have easy access to delicious German cakes. This is because your house has magically moved to a small town in southern Germany: very convenient for cakes, but rather less so for other aspects of daily life, such as work, studies, friends, family, etc.

I wish I could think of something to wish for.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1131 on: January 08, 2020, 11:37:54 PM »
You think of a wish that is also the summoning spell for AZFLORTHATG'FLATH, who is both a malevolent eldritch abomination who has lurked for countless aeons on the outer planes, and only capable of manifesting in the form of a jelly-like ball six centimetres across. He is unkillable and will mostly blob around your house damaging books and blocking sink drains for the remainder of time.

I wish I had two extra days in this week.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1132 on: January 09, 2020, 12:15:57 PM »
You have 2 extra days but you have to spend them both sealed in a vat of tepid, congealed blood breathing through a straw.

I wish I could successfully juggle up to 5 juggling balls.
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1133 on: January 09, 2020, 12:35:14 PM »
You successfully juggle up to 5 juggling balls - that is, the balls themselves must be juggling other things whilst you juggle them, or you can't do it. As balls cannot juggle this is not a very useful skill.

I wish I could finish my marking workload by magic.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1134 on: January 09, 2020, 06:50:41 PM »
You can finish your marking by magic. Unfortunately the magic doesn't like marking any more than you do (possibly less), so it writes a series of unhelpful comments on the students' work and gives each one of them a big round zero. This does not endear you to your students or department.

I wish it wasn't raining when I want to go to the pub.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1135 on: January 09, 2020, 11:08:22 PM »
It never rains whenever you have even the vaguest desire to go to the pub. It never rains anywhere when that happens. As the clouds take a while to re-form, this ultimately leads to global drought, and the government has you shot in order to protect all life on earth from your subconscious beer cravings.

I wish I was more capable of spending long stretches of time on my own without starting to feel cooped up in my own head, especially since I also often find company exhausting when I do get it.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1136 on: January 10, 2020, 02:22:32 PM »
Now, when you are cooped up by yourself for long stretches of time, you feel cooped up inside someone else's head. The sensation is unbearable and to avoid being driven to madness you are forced to seek out a way to have frequent, exhausting company. you are now a bar tender.

I wish I had the superpower of being able to grow healthy vegetables in any material (e.g. concrete). I feel like that would be a useful power to have in a more central flat with no garden
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1137 on: January 10, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
You can. However, as harvesting them would be injurious to their health, you are unable to do so.

I wish I had a big patchwork cloak.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1138 on: January 11, 2020, 09:12:39 AM »
You now have one but it is 10 centimetres long, so doesn't work especially well.

I wish that cloud racing was a competitive sport.
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1139 on: January 15, 2020, 10:44:50 AM »
It is, but "cloud racing" actually becomes a misnomer for a kind of table tennis which is really quite dull..

I wish everyone magically had enough good to eat.