Author Topic: Spoil a wish  (Read 250873 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spoil a wish
« Reply #1230 on: October 09, 2020, 11:52:40 PM »
You legally own five wispa bars. However, you don't know which wispa bars, and they are scattered across the world with a small tag on the outside of the wrapper. You spend your life wandering the stores across the planet looking for the wispa bars that are by right yours.

I wish that I could get to sleep easily at will.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #1231 on: October 10, 2020, 05:54:44 AM »
You can sleep whenever you want, but also fall asleep whenever you think of fatigue, the word "tired" or other similar concepts - you also have no control over when you wake up!

I wish I had more confidence
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1232 on: October 10, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
You have so much confidence you practically believe you can fly. You can't, and this goes badly for you.

I wish I had more mental fortitude
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1233 on: March 16, 2021, 10:15:36 PM »
You have more mental fortitute, but no more physical fortitude than you currently do, which leads to you picking fights with oversized dragons and coming off the worst.

I wish I could stop falling off of things in Minecraft.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1234 on: March 30, 2021, 09:38:37 AM »
You stop falling off things in Minecraft by virtue of no longer being in Minecraft, which you are now permanently banned from playing in order that you won't fall off things in it.

I wish I could write my thesis significantly faster.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1235 on: April 13, 2021, 08:28:53 AM »
You can write it as quickly as you are able, however the increased speed leads to a proportional dip in quality.

I wish I were better at thinking of amusing responses to posts in this thread
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1236 on: June 13, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
You are so good at thinking of amusing responses to posts in this thread that anyone who reads the thread dies of side-splitting laughter. You now have fewer friends and nobody left to use your supreme talent on.

I wish my arm worked normally again.

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1237 on: July 04, 2021, 04:27:35 PM »
your arm works normally, as defined by a community of small, octopus-like beings from a planet in the Andromeda galaxy - Ie, you no longer have bones.

I wish I was more emotionally robust.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1238 on: July 04, 2021, 11:38:48 PM »
You become more emotionally robust, but specifically the emotion that gets more robust is ennui, and you are now in a permanent impregnable state of slightly francophone boredom. You end up owning too many rollneck jumpers and gesticulating loosely with cigarettes that you can't quite be bothered to smoke.

I wish landlords could be abolished as an institution.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #1239 on: January 31, 2024, 10:44:55 AM »
They are abolished! Along with the concept of renting. You now can only live for free with your parents or buy a home outright.

I wish that if I do the "buddy jesus" pose from dogma, the epic sax guy music can me heard near me (at a reasonable volume)
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1240 on: January 31, 2024, 12:51:04 PM »
Unfortunately, what is near in an absolute sense encompasses a lot more than what is near in a usual human sense.

Everyone on the planet and indeed in the nearest few galaxies now hears Epic Sax Guy simultaneously when you do the Buddy Jesus pose. The hit to the world economy from literally the whole planet hearing the song and getting distracted at once is significant due to the sizeable number of car crashes, aeroplane pilot errors, and other rather major things going wrong. The fact that every animal can also hear it leads to the collapse of bee colonies and other ecosystem failures, leading to widespread starvation in parts of the world. I hope you're happy.

I wish my workplace would move closer to my home to shorten my commute.